Animal Ban in US

Honestly, I think that there should be a ban on exotic animals being sold to dumb people. I feel like too many pets are sold to idiots who think it looks cool - but they don't know the first thing about how to care for them. Or parents who think that buying a snake or a bunny for lil Bobby for his birthday is a fabulous idea, but lil Bobby doesn't want to feed the snake, let alone read about proper care. he just think it looks cool and he is just like so-and-so celebrity who owns one.

Honestly, I think that there should be a ban on exotic animals being sold to dumb people. I feel like too many pets are sold to idiots who think it looks cool - but they don't know the first thing about how to care for them. Or parents who think that buying a snake or a bunny for lil Bobby for his birthday is a fabulous idea, but lil Bobby doesn't want to feed the snake, let alone read about proper care. he just think it looks cool and he is just like so-and-so celebrity who owns one.

They should ban selling cars to dumb people and guns, and basically everything else.

People don't realize that most pets are exotic. From parakeets to most fish, they're not from the US. But people think "exotic" equals giant pythons, chimps, and tigers, and are horrified that people would have them. But they probably have a tank of fish from the amazon and don't realize that they count as exotic as well.

Yep that's true.

but with cars and guns, you have to have licenses to own them. With pets, any dummy can walk into a store and buy something. It just grates on my nerves because there was a recent hullabaloo in the local area when a family decided to have their 7 year old pit bull put down when the wife found out she was pregnant because pitbulls could be "unpredictable." It's stuff like that which angers me.

You guys may think this is silly or stupid but.......Do you actually believe that this couldnt happen? Look at what the government tries to do to mommy us everyday. Started with booze (came back though), pot, seatbelts, helmets, prostitution, tobacco use, guns got really strict.

Your thinking....this is different right? Thats how we lose freedoms, we sleep and when we wake up we find we are not free as we once were....one slice at a time...

I'm certainly worried. Look at San Francisco, who last I knew was mulling a ban on ALL pets, from dogs to fish. And then look at a state like Florida, which has so many exotic introduced species comfortably living and reproducing here, what's to stop a place like Miami from following with a similar sentiment? And then the state?

It may take a few more years before anything happens, IF anything happens, but the fact that they try and they push for bans makes me uneasy. Just makes it more important to keep track of petitions and spreading awareness about what responsible exotic pet ownership looks like.

i sooo voted yes, CHA-MEL-EONS! CHA-MEL-EONS! CHA-MEL-EONS! GOOOOOOOO CHAMELEONS!!!! GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GOOOOO
im gonna vote many times, chameleons are not dangerous, but wondrous!

People don't realize that most pets are exotic. From parakeets to most fish, they're not from the US. But people think "exotic" equals giant pythons, chimps, and tigers, and are horrified that people would have them. But they probably have a tank of fish from the amazon and don't realize that they count as exotic as well.

completely true!!!!! the word "exotic" means from a different place! most fish don't even come from the U.S! So when they say no exotic pets, we'll have hardly any pets in pets shops! when they say "exotic they mean "dangerous" but they both mean completely different things, one is dangerous, and one is just from a different place!!!! but since we use "exotic" for "dangerous" people all of a sudden think exotic animals should be banned!? come on think people!

You guys may think this is silly or stupid but.......Do you actually believe that this couldnt happen? Look at what the government tries to do to mommy us everyday. Started with booze (came back though), pot, seatbelts, helmets, prostitution, tobacco use, guns got really strict.

Your thinking....this is different right? Thats how we lose freedoms, we sleep and when we wake up we find we are not free as we once were....one slice at a time...

Don't get blinded, they aren't mommying they are in it for the MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ That is the bottom line about everything from Started with booze (came back though), pot, seatbelts, helmets, prostitution, tobacco use, guns got really strict. Is all about money not your well being.

I'm certainly worried. Look at San Francisco, who last I knew was mulling a ban on ALL pets, from dogs to fish. And then look at a state like Florida, which has so many exotic introduced species comfortably living and reproducing here, what's to stop a place like Miami from following with a similar sentiment? And then the state?

It may take a few more years before anything happens, IF anything happens, but the fact that they try and they push for bans makes me uneasy. Just makes it more important to keep track of petitions and spreading awareness about what responsible exotic pet ownership looks like.

People always want to ban anything they don't understand. Since this country is going in the dumpster in terms of general education, soon the masses will fear just about everything and a POS org like FOX will stir that fear into a frenzy and then slant it however they want the sheep to vote.

You will be listed as " Un-American " for not towing the line and getting rid of these terrorist animals. They spread diseases you know, we can show you scientific evidence to that fact.

Remember, if you think this can't happen you are fooling yourselves. Similar legislation has been put forward time and again in Florida. Also remember from the governments standpoint it's always easier to ban something than to monitor it. So they will always move towards the ban first.

Also from a Florida standpoint I have no problem with the exotics that have made their homes here. For me it makes it a more interesting place to live and for those that might pipe up about the native animals that might, and I say might, get crowded out or reduced in population. I say, so what? most of the creatures that it would affect are never seen or thought about by most of the population their loss has little or no impact on the food chain.

We are actively killing off species everyday and few if any care, even more so if it somehow inconveniences them in any way.

So bring on the exotics, they add some spice to a mundane world.

They should ban selling cars to dumb people and guns, and basically everything else.

maybe they should put a ban on stupid people?

And to the comment about permits, yes you need to take a test to have the ability to drive a car, motorcycle, and just about everything else, but once the government starts controlling pets, they could make it impossible for anyone without a college education to get a permit.

New York state requires a permit to have a ferret.
Real hard to get approved tho... name, address, permit fee. lol

As long as you pay them you csn have as many as you want....no questions about their health care, feeding, nothing.

maybe they should put a ban on stupid people?

And to the comment about permits, yes you need to take a test to have the ability to drive a car, motorcycle, and just about everything else, but once the government starts controlling pets, they could make it impossible for anyone without a college education to get a permit.

If that was the case population here would cease to exist. On a real note though any idiot can get a drivers license . Systems are flawed and permits are used to accumulate $$$$$$ not to save you or the planet. They already do control pets. If you haven't noticed read some Laws all over america pets are regulated. Whats a college education have to do with anything? Just proves some one spent a bunch of money.

Wouldn't it make more sense to force people to get licensed and permitted to create and care for another human being before we move on to pets?

Where does it stop?

I agree the usual cause of such laws is the $$$ motivation. If it's the extremists, usually it results in total bans rather than permits...

Back
Top Bottom