Angry Baby Quad

mphelps

Established Member
I have five baby quads which hatched three weeks ago. I was misting their cage this morning, and one became a little upset by my intrusion.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Angry Baby Quad.jpg
    Angry Baby Quad.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 403
Wow that little one does look unhappy! Just toss him in a box and send him to his aunt Laurie & i will calm him down.:D:D:D:D:D

congratulations, quads are my all time favorite chameleon. Did you breed them or get a gravid female?

I had a pair which produced two clutches for me. From the two clutches I've been privileged with 16 healthy babies.

Quads are my favorite species as well. Fantastic looks and great personalities. I find the babies to be a lot more robust than panther babies.

I had to sell the pair because my wife and I are adopting a child, and I had to give up my lizard room. (Yes, there are more important things than chameleons.) So, I down-sized and now only keep small chameleon species which I can maintain in small to mid-sized Exoterra vivaria (R. acuminatus, B. superciliaris, and brevs).

Here are the baby's dad and mom.

Attachments

• Louie.jpg
    Louie.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Louisa.jpg
    Louisa.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 171
Wow!! Fantastic looking pair and you gotta love pissed off babies:D How are the acuminatus and superciliarus doing for you? How about some recent pics:D

gata love the baby quads. quads are my favorite too. I only have 4 of them. I'm sure I won't get any more....this week. :D

Harry

Wow!! Fantastic looking pair and you gotta love pissed off babies:D How are the acuminatus and superciliarus doing for you? How about some recent pics:D

Both the acuminatus and superciliaris are doing well so far. I have had the R. acuminatus for two months, and B. superciliaris for three weeks. All have good appetites and seem to have acclimated well.

They are totally different animals. The supers are shy, spend a lot of time on or near the ground, and disappear into the nether regions of a well-planted vivarium whenever I get close. I just catch glimpses of their horned little heads in the undergrowth. Superciliaris generally wait for the food to come to them.

The acuminatus are amazingly bold. They spend most of the time climbing, often sit in prominent, exposed positions, and when I approach and open the cage, they just look back at me. They don't hesitate to zap small crickets from my fingers. Unlike the supers, the acuminatus often chase down their food.

I posted pictures of my male superciliaris: https://www.chameleonforums.com/brookesia-superciliaris-52353/

I will post some more pictures later. Thanks.

How do you mist them? I mist my baby quads with warm water and with a very fine mist and they love it. They are the same age as your babies.

Mike youve been holding out on me?! :) daddy looks absolutely amazing! Not that much of a quad fan but he makes me want some haha. Post some pics of your pfeffs.

Back
Top Bottom