An Update

Acottrelll

So I made a post a while ago about how I was thinking of mating my male Ambilobe and my female Nosy Mitsio.

Well, the mating was a total success and they were both immediately receptive. Within maybe 40 minutes it was said and done and about 30 days later... my girl laid a nice, healthy looking clutch of 19.

I have been doing the “closet method” in my bedroom and luckily the ambient temperatures are perfect in here. It ranges from 73-76 throughout the day. I have a thermometer in the area at all times.

The eggs will be one month on April 3rd. I’m really hoping I have a successful incubation. This is my first time and I want to make sure I’m doing everything right.

I live in Canada and for some reason HatchRite was impossible to find or get my hands on so I went with Vermiculite instead.

Anyways they’re doing well so far and look great and I just wanted to share that. Ill attach a picture.

Attachments

• 0934C792-7C8C-4246-A9C5-251C69374264.jpeg
    0934C792-7C8C-4246-A9C5-251C69374264.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 111
Glad all went well!

Just to let you know, I've used vermiculite for over 25 years and it works well. There should/may be some beads of water on the insides of the container and underside of the lid...that's normal.
If you do find it drying out a bit though...add a very little bit of water around the edges but never on or near the eggs themselves.

Also, are you aware that she could have retained sperm and may lay another clutch...so I hope you still have the egg laying bin in her cage.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom