An Abstract: The Division of Calumma Brevicorne

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is an old abstract that I figured I would post about the division of Calumma brevicorne into 6 separate species. The abstract does not say what species they were divided into however I have a good idea. Along with Calumma brevicorne these are the newly described Madagascar Elephant Eared species described in 2006 Calumma amber, Calumma crypticum, Calumma hafahafa, Calumma peltierorum, Calumma jejy, and Calumma tsycorne:D.

http://novataxa.blogspot.com/2011/12/2006-calumma-brevicorne-revision.html

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Does this mean C. Crypticum will be added to the CITES list for export? My wish list is nearing completion.

The CITES quota list for 2014 had a preparation "prep" next to Calumma crypticum meaning preparations are being made for the species to be made a quota species. However for the 2015 quotas there is mo mention for Calumma crypticum becoming a new quota species. Calumma crypticum has the prospects of becoming a quota species in the near future. There have already been a couple imports of Calumma brevicorne that actually had individuals that were Calumma crypticum into the USA meaning keep an eye out.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom