Ambilobe vs Ambanja

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
I’m picking out my panther chameleon from my local reptile shop this weekend. Do you guys recommend a Red Bar Ambilobe or an Ambanja? Or does it just come down to personal preference?

I’m picking out my panther chameleon from my local reptile shop this weekend. Do you guys recommend a Red Bar Ambilobe or an Ambanja? Or does it just come down to personal preference?

One isn't better than the other. Sometimes you will just see something that draws your attention and you know. Ironically, some of the features and colors that you like now may not remain as they get older.

Yep, they'll have the same temperament, same care, it really just comes down to your choice in Colors. I do love the "Ambanja Nose" though. They have a slightly longer nose that sticks out, and most will have yellow lips. I have both, can't really say I like one over the other. Look at it like this...Do you want a Rainbow, or do you want high contrast looking Chameleon?

Yep, they'll have the same temperament, same care, it really just comes down to your choice in Colors. I do love the "Ambanja Nose" though. They have a slightly longer nose that sticks out, and most will have yellow lips. I have both, can't really say I like one over the other. Look at it like this...Do you want a Rainbow, or do you want high contrast looking Chameleon?

That’s a good way to put it. I think I prefer the high contrast stripes of the Ambilobe. I’ll be sure to post pics once I get my new little guy. Any tips for picking out a chameleon out of a clutch?

speaking from personal experience I have both an ambilobe and an ambanja and even though I love both my ambanja is really out going and like to come out of his cage to hang out on my head and my ambilobe just wants to be left alone.

Back
Top Bottom