Ambilobe panther

Unfortunately, I don't see a linear UV lamp; T5 are recommended, but you can get away with a t8. There look to be a few other things that could be addressed by the help form, but the light alone may lead to the start of MBD. I assume you have a compact bulb, which are sold without adaquate disclaimers; mainly that they're pretty much useless if the animal isn't within 3 inches or so for the whole day. You guy's forearms look to have a bit of a bend; compare them to the photos of my dude I attached (he's a bit chubby, but you can see the straight line from elbow to ankle). Luckily, MBD can be halted and the animal live a healthy life if caught and corrected earlt
Yeah exo terra uvb 100 what about now?

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_145154.jpg
    IMG_20210323_145154.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 97
Unfortunately, I don't see a linear UV lamp; T5 are recommended, but you can get away with a t8. There look to be a few other things that could be addressed by the help form, but the light alone may lead to the start of MBD. I assume you have a compact bulb, which are sold without adaquate disclaimers; mainly that they're pretty much useless if the animal isn't within 3 inches or so for the whole day. You guy's forearms look to have a bit of a bend; compare them to the photos of my dude I attached (he's a bit chubby, but you can see the straight line from elbow to ankle). Luckily, MBD can be halted and the animal live a healthy life if caught and corrected earlt
To be honest mate his legs look exactly the same, it's just the way he moves about

Here's a (maybe) better illustration of what we're saying about his limbs; yes, it's minor so far, and we'd love for it not to get worse

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_143910.jpg
    IMG_20210323_143910.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20210323_094621_4.jpg
    IMG_20210323_094621_4.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210323_094639_0.jpg
    IMG_20210323_094639_0.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 76
Naturel calcium habistat, I'm sorry but are we all aware that panthers have very muscular legs?? Just a heads up that could lead to some ify diagnosis, just saying

Hi . Firstly your enclosure is not really big enough a minimum of 2x2x4 is recommended but bigger is better. Also coloured lights are not recommended for chams As they can damage their eyes( blue basking light) white is recommended. The compact uv you are using does not provide an adequate or widespread coverage of uvb as mentioned a t5ho 5 or 6% spanning the width of the enclosure. Also your little guy would benefit from having more live plant cover to provide hiding spots to feel safe and also retreats to areas with less uv and more real branches as little cham highways so he can get the most out of the whole enclosure.

That can be true but if you look at tailored exotics amazing pictures then you will Know your panthers legs are different then their panthers legs. But its okay you have a mild case that needs to be stoped soon. Are you only supplementing with that. You need to use calcium without D3 every feeding Except For two a month. You need to use a multi vitamin twice a month and a calcium with D3 twice a month.

he is correct adding a pothus or two would be great for him. You need a white light screw in heat bulb that has a basking temp of about 80 to 85. you can find those at petco or petsmart really cheap. :) Theblue light can be harmful to his eyes.

Hi . Firstly your enclosure is not really big enough a minimum of 2x2x4 is recommended but bigger is better. Also coloured lights are not recommended for chams As they can damage their eyes( blue basking light) white is recommended. The compact uv you are using does not provide an adequate or widespread coverage of uvb as mentioned a t5ho 5 or 6% spanning the width of the enclosure. Also your little guy would benefit from having more live plant cover to provide hiding spots to feel safe and also retreats to areas with less uv and more real branches as little cham highways so he can get the most out of the whole enclosure.
That blue light is actually white, just the camera, also the light next to it is a different shade so illusions lol but I'm changing to exo terra 5% uvb with that also

It is those dimensions lol sorry this might help I'm 6 foot 2 so lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_154458.jpg
    IMG_20210323_154458.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom