Ambilobe panther

Seany2222

Hello, this is an ambilobe male, just wondering what type or is he standard or what to put when selling babies, thanks the female is also ambilobe

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_191521.jpg
    IMG_20210322_191521.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 96
The part people are concerned about is that his limbs (especially his elbows) look abnormal in your picture. You probably are giving him UV, calcium, and vitamins, but chameleons are notoriously delicate. The people asking questions are looking to figure out if something might be off so they can fix it before it causes him (more) problems or kills him

fill this out. :)

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

This is what they want you to fill out. I know it's long, but it'll prevent a lot of other back and forth questions

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Edit: @jackthejellydragon beat me to it 😄

The part people are concerned about is that his limbs (especially his elbows) look abnormal in your picture. You probably are giving him UV, calcium, and vitamins, but chameleons are notoriously delicate. The people asking questions are looking to figure out if something might be off so they can fix it before it causes him (more) problems or kills him
Yeah think its just the angle of the photo, or the way he's sitting will send some more, looks fine now??

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_143910.jpg
    IMG_20210323_143910.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20210323_143804.jpg
    IMG_20210323_143804.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 82
This is what they want you to fill out. I know it's long, but it'll prevent a lot of other back and forth questions

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

--------------

Please Note:
The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Edit: @jackthejellydragon beat me to it 😄
Oh yeah no, all that's fine I've got 3 chameleons raised a vieled since my thumb nail size he's about 2 now, it's all pretty easy to be honest, I just wanted to know the colour code, if you like lol

that back leg is telling me he probably has MBD. MBD needs to be stoped early. It won't get much better but can stop. he doesn't look to bad but it gets worse.

Unfortunately, I don't see a linear UV lamp; T5 are recommended, but you can get away with a t8. There look to be a few other things that could be addressed by the help form, but the light alone may lead to the start of MBD. I assume you have a compact bulb, which are sold without adaquate disclaimers; mainly that they're pretty much useless if the animal isn't within 3 inches or so for the whole day. You guy's forearms look to have a bit of a bend; compare them to the photos of my dude I attached (he's a bit chubby, but you can see the straight line from elbow to ankle). Luckily, MBD can be halted and the animal live a healthy life if caught and corrected earlt

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_094639_0.jpg
    IMG_20210323_094639_0.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20210323_094621_4.jpg
    IMG_20210323_094621_4.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom