Ambilobe Panther Chameleon Set Up

ChameleonBoss

Hey Chameleon Brothers and Sisters,

New to this forum and to the Chameleon Hobby. Been Researching and Reading up on all kinds of set-ups and Chameleon types. I've finally decided on getting an Ambilobe Panther Chameleon(male) 3-4 month old. I'm not jumping into buying the Cham all quick without proper research and set up. Just a few questions to start off with.

Going to go with the Zoo Med 18" x 18" x 36" cage, is that big enough?

Whats a decent Misting system for a decent price?

What is an ideal live plant to use in the set up for this Chameleon?

Thanks in Advance!

aquazamp is really good. thats what we use. we also have an umbrella plant. in the resources section they have a safe plant list you can use. and essentially he's going to need a 4'2'2' cage when he's older. you can always section off the bottom for now and take out the section when he gets bigger. the 36x18x18 should be ok for now though.

aquazamp is really good. thats what we use. we also have an umbrella plant. in the resources section they have a safe plant list you can use. and essentially he's going to need a 4'2'2' cage when he's older. you can always section off the bottom for now and take out the section when he gets bigger. the 36x18x18 should be ok for now though.

Is the aquazamp misting or like a rain dome? You're chamelron is pretty happy with this watering system.

Yeah I might go with 4' x 2' x 2' and cut off section, if rather buy once. How long would it take for him to outgrow the 36" cage?

Thanks for the great advice

Is the aquazamp misting or like a rain dome? You're chamelron is pretty happy with this watering system.

Yeah I might go with 4' x 2' x 2' and cut off section, if rather buy once. How long would it take for him to outgrow the 36" cage?

Thanks for the great advice

You should not need to cut off any of the cage space if you go with the 4x2x2. Just make sure you have branches that cover all areas so he is not climbing the top and side screen all the time. Leaving wide open areas from the top screen also gives him the chance to fall so its important he always has something to grab onto I attached a pic as an example of how I fill the space with varying diameter climbing branches. I use zipties to attach them together and a single anchor point from the top braced by PVC pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_3024.jpg
    IMG_3024.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I would suggest you buy a 48x24x24, if you use a feeding container he will be able to locate food which is your only concern with the larger cage.

Pathos is a quickly growing vine, comes in several colors, is available in all garden shops, is inexpensive, and most importantly, thrives with the constant misting we do with the misting systems.

Umbrella Plants and Ficus are good second choices, if you are hand misting. They tend to begin to loose their leaves with automatic misting systems

If you are planning to set up a second cage, buy a 48 inch fixture, it will save you money as you will use it over both cages. I would recommend Light Your Reptiles, in our sponsor link in the top right corner of the Home Page. You can talk to Todd, he will get you set up with the right plant bulb and UV bulb.

You should not need to cut off any of the cage space if you go with the 4x2x2. Just make sure you have branches that cover all areas so he is not climbing the top and side screen all the time. Leaving wide open areas from the top screen also gives him the chance to fall so its important he always has something to grab onto I attached a pic as an example of how I fill the space with varying diameter climbing branches. I use zipties to attach them together and a single anchor point from the top braced by PVC pipe.

Cool, think I'm gonna go a Lil bigger with te 4' cage, thanks for the advice.

I would suggest you buy a 48x24x24, if you use a feeding container he will be able to locate food which is your only concern with the larger cage.

Pathos is a quickly growing vine, comes in several colors, is available in all garden shops, is inexpensive, and most importantly, thrives with the constant misting we do with the misting systems.

Umbrella Plants and Ficus are good second choices, if you are hand misting. They tend to begin to loose their leaves with automatic misting systems

If you are planning to set up a second cage, buy a 48 inch fixture, it will save you money as you will use it over both cages. I would recommend Light Your Reptiles, in our sponsor link in the top right corner of the Home Page. You can talk to Todd, he will get you set up with the right plant bulb and UV bulb.

I shall look into the Pathos plant. I'm going to checkout that lighting and I'm sure have more questions about it.

Back
Top Bottom