ambilobe chameleon

Panther chameleon females can lay anywhere from 10-40 eggs per clutch. The number of eggs depends on the food and nutrient consumption during the period of development while the eggs are in their womb(gravid).

From my understanding there are always more females than males. Would be natures way of ensuring the passing of the species to the next gen

From my understanding there are always more females than males. Would be natures way of ensuring the passing of the species to the next gen

Last clutch I had was 16 males and 4 females with 3 bad eggs. There has been a lot of trial and error on getting the sex of the babies to go one way or the other with temp changes but noone has figured it out yet for panthers. I have heard of 100% hatchrates on a clutch of 25 or more eggs with all males.

The nutrients while gravid do not determine egg count. The amount of food and nutrients recieved while ovulation (or whatever the heck it is in lizards) determines the number of eggs. The nutrients recieved while gravid determine the female's health and the health of the eggs and the calcification of the eggs.

The nutrients while gravid do not determine egg count. The amount of food and nutrients recieved while ovulation (or whatever the heck it is in lizards) determines the number of eggs.

Ovulizardtion, I believe...ha!

The nutrients while gravid do not determine egg count. The amount of food and nutrients recieved while ovulation (or whatever the heck it is in lizards) determines the number of eggs. The nutrients recieved while gravid determine the female's health and the health of the eggs and the calcification of the eggs.

Leave it to pssh to go over and correct you..:rolleyes::p

Back
Top Bottom