Ambient lighting.

DeviousMike

I want to brighten up the corner of my room where my free range is. I was thinking along the lines of a halogen lamp. Is there bulbs that I should stay away from?

I like to add light by using 6500K CFLs or linear tubes.... in my free range all of the dual fixtures have one 10.0 UVB lamp and one 6500K lamp. in some areas I have 6500K CFLs as well.

I like to add light by using 6500K CFLs or linear tubes.... in my free range all of the dual fixtures have one 10.0 UVB lamp and one 6500K lamp. in some areas I have 6500K CFLs as well.

Well I don't really want to do any hanging of fixtures to light up the free range. I was thinking just a floor or desk lamp would be sufficient. I have a Powersun 100w that is doing my heat/uvb duties. My aim is just to brighten up the corner, for aesthetics.

A free range isn't supposed to look good, it's supposed to function. If it is a dark corner, the wrong light, not enough water, not enough hiding places.... ect.... but looks nice, it still isn't working for the animal.

One MV lamp is not enough light, you should consider adding some.

A free range isn't supposed to look good, it's supposed to function. If it is a dark corner, the wrong light, not enough water, not enough hiding places.... ect.... but looks nice, it still isn't working for the animal.

One MV lamp is not enough light, you should consider adding some.

It's not a permanent place for the cham. It's for supervised sessions for when I'm home on my days off. When I'm back to work, it's back to the cage for this guy.

I'm not saying that I'm doing this purely for aesthetics, but I do think that purchasing fixtures for linear tubs and such for a setup I'm using only once or twice a week will be a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom