AMAZING video!! Please watch!!!!

Yeah, it blew up on my FB wall yesterday and now it's all over the place, Kony 2012. A bunch of videos have comments with this :p

Yeah, it blew up on my FB wall yesterday and now it's all over the place, Kony 2012. A bunch of videos have comments with this :p

It is kind of disheartening that people think they make a change by posting a video on FB. When in all actuality this has been going on for far too long with no one wanting to help. I just am saddened by the fact that our youth truly thinks posting a video makes a difference.

It is kind of disheartening that people think they make a change by posting a video on FB. When in all actuality this has been going on for far too long with no one wanting to help. I just am saddened by the fact that our youth truly thinks posting a video makes a difference.

Ok....so what have you done to make a difference?!?! Posting a video makes more people aware of a situation that otherwise would not be aware. It gets more people involved...it gets people that have more power to notice. You are right it can't JUST stop at a video post....and for hundreds of thousands in will NOT just stop at posting a link to a video;) It will not stop till he is killed or brought to justice...

Welcome to a new era of communication and awareness!!!!

If you don't think it makes a difference....there is this...with it blowing up on the internet there website is down from hits, there sponsor page is down from hits. This is how the next generation is mobilized!

Ok....so what have you done to make a difference?!?! Posting a video makes more people aware of a situation that otherwise would not be aware. It gets more people involved...it gets people that have more power to notice. You are right it can't JUST stop at a video post....and for hundreds of thousands in will NOT just stop at posting a link to a video;) It will not stop till he is killed or brought to justice...

If you don't think it makes a difference....there is this...with it blowing up on the internet there website is down from hits, there sponsor page is down from hits. This is how the next generation is mobilized!

Yes!! I totally agree!! Posting a vid is better than doing nothing at all, being ignorant.

Do any of you know how long this has been going on?! Why all of a sudden is it an atrocity NOW?! I am aware of how the world is smaller now since there is mass connections, it is just annoying that this has been going on far too long and its getting attention now. Should have been taken care of many years ago.

Do any of you know how long this has been going on?! Why all of a sudden is it an atrocity NOW?! I am aware of how the world is smaller now since there is mass connections, it is just annoying that this has been going on far too long and its getting attention now. Should have been taken care of many years ago.

Its pretty much been going on since man has been in existence.
Good intentions arent worth much, and can often times be harmful.
I dont see any reason to inject any negativity to the situation though.
There is a lot of ignorance in the world, and in America.
People spreading the word about this kind of atrocity and even just wanting to do something about it (whether they can or not) could only be a good thing yes? Young people coming together for somthing like this is better than being involved in criminalistic gangs, and drugs I say.
I just really cant see how it could annoy you. :eek:

Its pretty much been going on since man has been in existence.
Good intentions arent worth much, and can often times be harmful.
I dont see any reason to inject any negativity to the situation though.
There is a lot of ignorance in the world, and in America.
People spreading the word about this kind of atrocity and even just wanting to do something about it (whether they can or not) could only be a good thing yes? Young people coming together for somthing like this is better than being involved in criminalistic gangs, and drugs I say.
I just really cant see how it could annoy you. :eek:

Well I see it like this, when I can go on FB and see that the video has 3 likes and then I scroll down to see a status that says "Man I got soo F#$%ed up last night!" and it has 43 likes I don't have much faith in our generation.

Well I see it like this, when I can go on FB and see that the video has 3 likes and then I scroll down to see a status that says "Man I got soo F#$%ed up last night!" and it has 43 likes I don't have much faith in our generation.

Lol, I definitely see what you are saying there.;)
Ive pretty much given up on people, but I still see no need for any negativity when they try and do good.

Actually, a lot of people really did NOT know it was going on. And those who did know felt so far removed from if that we can't even envision the horror. We can't imagine it because we have never seen it. Now we can see it. How can that be a bad thing?

Why would anybody think it is disheartening that the younger generation think they can change something with a video? What happened to encouraging the younger generation? Sure this was not possible 15 years ago, but the world has changed. Justin Beiber became famous almost overnight because of some YouTube videos he posted. Seriously, do you have any idea how this digital generation works?

These people ABSOLUTELY can make a difference. I am a fourth grade teacher and I would NEVER, EVER tell one single student that they can't make a difference. If you want something bad enough, you make it happen. Period.

But it's all good, as I tell my kids, let your HATERS be your MOTIVATORS.

You should read up on Invisible Children. They have only used 31% of the donated funds towards actually helping children over there. The rest is spent on the 3 founders of the charity. This includes over $1million spent on travel alone. The "awareness" video is meant to bring in a more money for this shady charity. Also, the current state of affairs over there is much different than being portrayed. That video everyone is posting is from 2003 and child abduction is actually down 80%. President Obama already has troops there to assist locals in capturing LRA members. Not to mention Kony is presumed dead. He is no longer a threat.

You should read up on Invisible Children. They have only used 31% of the donated funds towards actually helping children over there. The rest is spent on the 3 founders of the charity. This includes over $1million spent on travel alone. The "awareness" video is meant to bring in a more money for this shady charity. Also, the current state of affairs over there is much different than being portrayed. That video everyone is posting is from 2003 and child abduction is actually down 80%. President Obama already has troops there to assist locals in capturing LRA members. Not to mention Kony is presumed dead. He is no longer a threat.

This is why people posting it on facebook is disheartening. They look, they get outraged, they don't bother to research the truth or the modern state of things.

The world moves fast and has turned into a collection 30 second to 30 minute media bytes.

Focus has been lost and even regarded as bad. Most research shows those multitasking do a very poor job compared to those who focus. :)

I'm not opposed to all the media bytes I would just like to see more intelligent research behind it on the part of the consumer.

That is pretty much how ALL charities work. And that video is current! It's funny that the two people being negative in this thread OBVIOUSLY didn't take the time to watch the movie.

Actually it is really impressive they have accomplished via a facebook page.

Even if child abduction is down 80%, there is still a minority of percentage.
And if Kony isn't a threat, he should still be arrested for doing all that. It's just not fair that he gets to go because he "is not a threat"
That's all I gotta say...

That is pretty much how ALL charities work. And that video is current! It's funny that the two people being negative in this thread OBVIOUSLY didn't take the time to watch the movie.

Actually it is really impressive they have accomplished via a facebook page.

ALL?! Really?! That is not true at all. There is a difference between non profit and just foundations. This is another reason why I am disheartened, people are so one sided that they make claims that are ridiculous. So it is ok when I am the only one stating "negative" opinions to bash on me, but when there is evidence that I have a legitimate reason for not agreeing with this massive wave of blind following of this campaign you throw out justifications such as all charities are like that.

Once again shows why I am saddened by society because people are so one sided and aren't willing to be opened minded and hear another persons opinion.

ALL?! Really?! That is not true at all. There is a difference between non profit and just foundations. This is another reason why I am disheartened, people are so one sided that they make claims that are ridiculous. So it is ok when I am the only one stating "negative" opinions to bash on me, but when there is evidence that I have a legitimate reason for not agreeing with this massive wave of blind following of this campaign you throw out justifications such as all charities are like that.

Once again shows why I am saddened by society because people are so one sided and aren't willing to be opened minded and hear another persons opinion.

You got "bashed", because your original post came off as "bashing".
Just sayin...

Not all charities are ran like that. I have not done any research into how effecient this particular group is on utilizing the money they collect for good, so I cant speak on that.
I have worked with the make-a-wish foundation, and special olympics, and both of those charities I can approve of.

I watched this video, here is an article you can read to further educate everyone on more specific points.

http://www.vice.com/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not

In the video I noticed a couple quick points:
15:14 in the video "Even though Uganda is relatively safe"
18:30 Shows that Barack Obama has aided in defending these children through advice and assistance (not fighting)
21:15 insinuated comparison between the Holocaust and this situation (in my PERSONAL opinion nothing and I mean nothing can be compared to the Holocaust)

I in no way am bashing this I just wish that people in this day and age would not be mesmerized by one video and just donate or back the cause without knowing all the facts. This is just my opinion and I know it doesn't mean much to anyone out there, but if they voice theirs shouldn't I be able to voice mine?

The only thing I ask for is for people to make a well rounded decision based on many different sources rather than just one.

Back
Top Bottom