Amazed By My Cham!!!

CrazyChameleon5

Well last night i found 2 crickets loose in the house ughhhh i think they may be getting out through the PVC bottom of the cage:mad: so i decided to try a feeder cup... Well all i had was a red plastic cup lol so i tried it and she did ok but i was getting nervouse cause i was holding it and i was afriad she was gonna try my finger for dinner next lol. so i put the cup in there. Well she did not like that at all!! so i took it out and put a glass type whine glass in there and she has taken to it with no problems at all in fact she now sits at the rim of the glass waiting for her food hahaha! She just amazes me.Now i know for sure she is eating all the crickets hahaha but it is so funny to see her perched at the side of the cup looking for her lunch:)

Its funny how veiled chameleons are affected by red. If I wear a red shirt one of my females hides from me....the rest of the time she's fine.
Other species react to other colors and patterns too.

Red finger nail polish.

I almost lost my chameleons over their love of red polish. One day my wife, who gets her nails done every other week, had some of her friends over. Like most of you when people come over at a chameleon house, they are drawn to them. My wife wanted to show off one of our males, and so she open his cage and reached out her hand so he could mount up like normal.
In the after action report that followed (ha), we were able to figure out the only thing that was unusal was that she had light red nail polish put on that morning. She had not worn that color before and wanted to give it a try.
Instead of his normal get on, shut up, and hold on tight, Marty, shot his tongue out as fast as ever (red bugs are apparently the best). The commotion was great, filed with surprised screams, and non PG13 comments, and a cage door shut with a loud bang.
I heard a lot about it from various witnesses for a long time to follow. Like most "legends" the story has grown. Now, Marty tried to eat the hand off my wife. Very funny stuff.
We did try again with that color, just outside the cage, and sure enough, he started to strike it. I think he just loves the color (ha). One of our females also went for it, so I do think the color red in the size of a bug, that moves, is, well, yummy from the point of view of my chaemeleons. I like it too, but, I have not tried to eat it. The screams throw me off, but, not Marty.

I almost lost my chameleons over their love of red polish. One day my wife, who gets her nails done every other week, had some of her friends over. Like most of you when people come over at a chameleon house, they are drawn to them. My wife wanted to show off one of our males, and so she open his cage and reached out her hand so he could mount up like normal.
In the after action report that followed (ha), we were able to figure out the only thing that was unusal was that she had light red nail polish put on that morning. She had not worn that color before and wanted to give it a try.
Instead of his normal get on, shut up, and hold on tight, Marty, shot his tongue out as fast as ever (red bugs are apparently the best). The commotion was great, filed with surprised screams, and non PG13 comments, and a cage door shut with a loud bang.
I heard a lot about it from various witnesses for a long time to follow. Like most "legends" the story has grown. Now, Marty tried to eat the hand off my wife. Very funny stuff.
We did try again with that color, just outside the cage, and sure enough, he started to strike it. I think he just loves the color (ha). One of our females also went for it, so I do think the color red in the size of a bug, that moves, is, well, yummy from the point of view of my chaemeleons. I like it too, but, I have not tried to eat it. The screams throw me off, but, not Marty.

LOL great story haha. i bet that freaked her out. MY cham is just sitting here waiting for me to drop som crickets in her new feeder dish hahaha

yea i can add to colored fedding cups.
First i used a clear dixie cup....ha that was a bad idea. My Mitsio wasnt smart enough to figure that one out. he was shooting his tounge all on the outside of the cage. i changed it to yellow.
I had a yellow dixie cup in side of my male veileds cage, and he would not eat out of it. I put suppers, dubias, and crixs in it. i never figured out why.
so i took a ZipLock tupperware cup on the bottom of his cage with suppers, dubias, and crickets. he ate out of it fine.
I'm not sure if it was the color or location....guess i will never know.

PS-dont use clear...lol

Back
Top Bottom