Am I doing things right? First time Chameleon owner.

freddiethecham

Hello everyone! This might not be the appropriate place to post this, but I am just getting used to this platform so I apologize if anything is incorrect or if I don't provide enough information.

I got my veiled chameleon, Freddie, approximately 2 months ago (right before the Christmas time!) from a Petco. He's a cute little guy who seems to have a shy personality (kind of like me which is cute!)

I just want to make sure I am doing everything possible right so that he can live a long and happy life, so please if it seems like I am doing something wrong or if something needs to be changed let me know, I want to do everything right for him.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Freddie is a male veiled chameleon, and I got him about 2 months ago! I'm not too sure of his actual age though, but I think he was really young when I got him, the pet store didn't tell me though...
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
I barely ever touch him. He seems very shy and hesitant to approach me, so the amount of times I have held him are in the single digits because he closes his eyes and seems to get nervous when I have held him in the past.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
I tried flightless fruit flies, but they seemed much too small for him...he didn't even seem to go near them. I then transitioned to a combination of about 8-10 small crickets a day along with 2 wax worms or meal worms approx every other day. I have both Reptivite and Repti Calcium. I dust the crickets with Reptivite about twice a month and Repti Calcium about once a week. I have never gut loaded my feeders, which I know is an issue, I am still in the process of trying to figure out how to do this...I do put a Flukers Orange Cube for crickets in the cricket keeper every time I get new crickets though, so maybe that is gut-loading?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Sorry! I definitely covered this in the previous answer.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I have a little dripper which I turn on and off throughout the day. I am still trying to figure out a way to keep it on at all times, because I have heard that is the best thing to do, but I am struggling with trying to figure out where the water will go if it is dripping...I also have a small mist bottle and I use the entire bottle to mist the terrarium 2 times a day (once at wakeup and once at night). I do see my chameleon drinking from the water dripper at least once a day every day.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
Freddie has never been tested for parasites. His feces are half dark brown and half white (sometimes with a little yellow at the end). From what I have read, his feces match the description of normal looking chameleon poop.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
I don't think I have any other additional info, but if anything is unclear please ask, I'd be more than happy to answer.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
The cage is a screen cage. I bought the Zoo Med Repti Breeze Chameleon Kit which comes with a 16" L x 16" W x 30" H terrarium.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
I was originally using a two dome light fixture with both a UVB and a heat lamp. After doing some research I went out and purchased a T8 UVB lamp, but I am still using the heat lamp in the two dome light fixture. I turn the light on every morning right around 8am and turn it off right around 8-9pm.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
The basking spot temperature, when the light is on varies between 82 and 87 degrees Fahrenheit. I have never measured the cage floor temperature, I did not know this was necessary, but if it is I can go out and purchase a second temperature gage to place at the bottom (please let me know!). I do not know the lowest overnight temperature, but I have never seen the gage go below 65 degrees.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
This is something I am struggling with. The humidity gage I have consistently tells me humidity is too low, but I do not know how to keep it up while using a screen terrarium. I am in desperate need of advice regarding this.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
I do not have any live potted plants within the terrarium, but I do have several variations of live moss within the terrarium.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
The terrarium is located next to a window in my room. There is a floor radiator below his terrarium, but if this is a bad thing it is unavoidable given that my entire room is lined with a floor radiator. The top of the cage is about four feet from the ground currently.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
I live in central Michigan.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

- with regard to problems, I am seeking advice regarding the set up to ease my concerns of whether I am a good chameleon mom or not...I have noticed that Freddie sometimes chills in his cage underneath his light in his basking spot with his eyes closed. I have read mixed reviews some saying this is terrible and he needs to go to the vet immediately, others saying that that is normal, others saying that the light is too bright (this is why I switched to the T8 light). Since I switched the light he doesn't seem to be chilling with his eyes closed as much, but sometimes I catch him with his eyes closed, so I am slightly concerned about that. Also...I was watching him this morning and he got in a pose quite similar to upward dog (if we were to compare him to a person doing yoga) and I read that this could be an indicator of a URI. I do not want to be that overly freak-out prone chameleon owner, but do you think it would be a good idea just to schedule his very first vet visit to address these concerns?

Please let me know! Once again I am so sorry if this was posted in the wrong place (I couldn't figure out how to post a blog so maybe that was where this was meant to go)...and thank you guys for reading I'm sorry this was so long!

Also, I'll attach a pic of his set up and a pic of him!!

Attachments

• tempImageTLlqxo.png
    tempImageTLlqxo.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 167
  • tempImagel0qlzv.png
    tempImagel0qlzv.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 165
Could you please add a few more pics of the cage for me as well? As well as pics of your supplements.
Absolutely! I just removed all of the moss from the cage in a panic bc of the previous comment so it definitely looks bare, but before the end of the day his cage will have some live plants inside it and it won't look like that anymore...I just need to look up what plants are best (also more than open to suggestions and advice!). Also I have zero idea why all of my photos are sideways, I am so sorry!

Attachments

• tempImageT9Eoxq.png
    tempImageT9Eoxq.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
  • tempImageWJ515g.png
    tempImageWJ515g.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 146
  • tempImagevW6smU.png
    tempImagevW6smU.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 144
Aww he is adorable!

You are going to want to remove all the fake plants and get all real plants.

Next you are going to want to remove the t8 UVB bulb and get a T5 HO linear uvb light.

@Beman @MissSkittles can also help with this.
Awe thank you! I'm taking care of the live plants today, do you have any suggestions regarding good live plants to put in his cage? Also oof I just went out and bought that light about a week ago! Really shows you how aggressive being misinformed can be on your wallet! I'll head out either later today or tomorrow to buy that new light.

Just so I know, why is the T5 the better option?

Awe thank you! I'm taking care of the live plants today, do you have any suggestions regarding good live plants to put in his cage? Also oof I just went out and bought that light about a week ago! Really shows you how aggressive being misinformed can be on your wallet! I'll head out either later today or tomorrow to buy that new light.

Just so I know, why is the T5 the better option?
25CDEBE9-2116-48F0-8CB7-F23887782315.jpeg
71DA7A53-6B5F-49F3-9041-2BE725ED094E.jpeg

@freddiethecham See all my feedback and questions in bold. This is going to be a ton of feedback. The things I am most concerned about is lighting and supplements.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Freddie is a male veiled chameleon, and I got him about 2 months ago! I'm not too sure of his actual age though, but I think he was really young when I got him, the pet store didn't tell me though... Does he have tarsal spurs on his back feet?

• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
I barely ever touch him. He seems very shy and hesitant to approach me, so the amount of times I have held him are in the single digits because he closes his eyes and seems to get nervous when I have held him in the past. Good eyes closing are a sign of extreme stress so your doing the right thing by not holding him. your going to start with trust building by feeding him. He will learn that you are the bringer of the food. Do not handle unless he climbs out on you.

• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
I tried flightless fruit flies, but they seemed much too small for him...he didn't even seem to go near them. I then transitioned to a combination of about 8-10 small crickets a day along with 2 wax worms or meal worms approx every other day. I have both Reptivite and Repti Calcium. I dust the crickets with Reptivite about twice a month and Repti Calcium about once a week. I have never gut loaded my feeders, which I know is an issue, I am still in the process of trying to figure out how to do this...I do put a Flukers Orange Cube for crickets in the cricket keeper every time I get new crickets though, so maybe that is gut-loading? So at this age he should be eating more like 15 feeders a day. 1/4 inch size and no larger. See feeder image sheet below. Mealworms are not recommended they are low in nutrients and high in chitin. Gutload needs to be expanded on. The orange cubes do nothing but provide hydration. See image attached.

• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Sorry! I definitely covered this in the previous answer. Reptivite with D3 should only be given 2 times a month so every other week at one feeding. Then you need to buy calcium WITHOUT D3 and it must be used at every feeding except when you use the reptivite. Do not use the calcium with D3 your reptivite already has this. You need to go buy calcium without D3 today and start using it immediately. They need it not only to balance out the calcium to phosphorus ratio of the feeder but they have to have it for their bones and proper growth. Without issues like MBD can happen.

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I have a little dripper which I turn on and off throughout the day. I am still trying to figure out a way to keep it on at all times, because I have heard that is the best thing to do, but I am struggling with trying to figure out where the water will go if it is dripping...I also have a small mist bottle and I use the entire bottle to mist the terrarium 2 times a day (once at wakeup and once at night). I do see my chameleon drinking from the water dripper at least once a day every day. This is good. Really you only need to run the dripper for a few hours mid day.

• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
Freddie has never been tested for parasites. His feces are half dark brown and half white (sometimes with a little yellow at the end). From what I have read, his feces match the description of normal looking chameleon poop. Sounds like a hydrated cham... FYI parasites are not visible to the eye so this is why we run a fecal with a vet to ensure their is not a parasite load.

• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
I don't think I have any other additional info, but if anything is unclear please ask, I'd be more than happy to answer.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
The cage is a screen cage. I bought the Zoo Med Repti Breeze Chameleon Kit which comes with a 16" L x 16" W x 30" H terrarium. Start planning on upgrading to a 2x2x4ft enclosure. This is the minimum size for them. And will be needed in the next month or so. Dragonstrand.com makes fantastic enclosures that have drip pans and ledges to mount plants and branches.

• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
I was originally using a two dome light fixture with both a UVB and a heat lamp. After doing some research I went out and purchased a T8 UVB lamp, but I am still using the heat lamp in the two dome light fixture. I turn the light on every morning right around 8am and turn it off right around 8-9pm. Please tell me more about the T8 bulb. On the bulb it should say what strength it is. Also please make sure there is no plastic cover over the bulb.

• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
The basking spot temperature, when the light is on varies between 82 and 87 degrees Fahrenheit. I have never measured the cage floor temperature, I did not know this was necessary, but if it is I can go out and purchase a second temperature gage to place at the bottom (please let me know!). I do not know the lowest overnight temperature, but I have never seen the gage go below 65 degrees. So basking is too hot... You want it 80-82. You can reduce bulb wattage or raise the fixture or drop the branches lower below it to get the right temp.
These are really good and work with an app just keep them out of a direct spray path of water. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R586J37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
This is something I am struggling with. The humidity gage I have consistently tells me humidity is too low, but I do not know how to keep it up while using a screen terrarium. I am in desperate need of advice regarding this. Please tell me what your humidity is. 30-40% daytime level is perfect for veileds. The govee tells humidity as well.

I do not have any live potted plants within the terrarium, but I do have several variations of live moss within the terrarium. No moss at all. Not even moss vines. No fake plants either. fake sponge plant things have to go as well. No bridge in the bottom. The only safe fake vines are fukers vines. Veileds eat everything. Moss is an impaction risk. Need live plants this will help with humidity. Taller plants like an umbrella or ficus to fill out the cage. See the veiled tested plants at this link. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf
Put 1 inch or larger rock over the dirt in the pot so baby does not eat the dirt.

• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
The terrarium is located next to a window in my room. There is a floor radiator below his terrarium, but if this is a bad thing it is unavoidable given that my entire room is lined with a floor radiator. The top of the cage is about four feet from the ground currently. Make sure the radiator is not running at night. You want a temp drop to at least 65 at night.

• Location - Where are you geographically located?
I live in central Michigan.

- with regard to problems,

So supplements are very incorrect and I need more details on uvb lighting. Both of these can cause them to close their eyes during the day. Are you hearing any wheezing or popping sounds from him? Vet visits are never a bad idea as long as it is a vet with Chameleon experience. Regular vets do not know what they are doing with chams.

Accurate info and Product links for things I like:

Start reading through this husbandry program now it will help you identify all the incorrect info you received and correct it. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Great podcast https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/

Youtube with accurate info https://www.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon?sub_confirmation=1

Best cages made www.dragonstrand.com

great feeder run https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery

chameleon-gutload.jpg
chameleon-food(1).jpg

Freddie is a male veiled chameleon, and I got him about 2 months ago! I'm not too sure of his actual age though, but I think he was really young when I got him, the pet store didn't tell me though... Does he have tarsal spurs on his back feet?
I tried to sneak a picture of his back feet, I don't see any tarsal spurs on his back feet, but also I may not know what I'm looking for. Picture attached at end of post.
I tried flightless fruit flies, but they seemed much too small for him...he didn't even seem to go near them. I then transitioned to a combination of about 8-10 small crickets a day along with 2 wax worms or meal worms approx every other day. I have both Reptivite and Repti Calcium. I dust the crickets with Reptivite about twice a month and Repti Calcium about once a week. I have never gut loaded my feeders, which I know is an issue, I am still in the process of trying to figure out how to do this...I do put a Flukers Orange Cube for crickets in the cricket keeper every time I get new crickets though, so maybe that is gut-loading? So at this age he should be eating more like 15 feeders a day. 1/4 inch size and no larger. See feeder image sheet below. Mealworms are not recommended they are low in nutrients and high in chitin. Gutload needs to be expanded on. The orange cubes do nothing but provide hydration. See image attached.
This is very helpful! This was one thing that I was struggling with finding a consistent answer on, but now that I have this info I am going to get right on this.
Sorry! I definitely covered this in the previous answer. Reptivite with D3 should only be given 2 times a month so every other week at one feeding. Then you need to buy calcium WITHOUT D3 and it must be used at every feeding except when you use the reptivite. Do not use the calcium with D3 your reptivite already has this. You need to go buy calcium without D3 today and start using it immediately. They need it not only to balance out the calcium to phosphorus ratio of the feeder but they have to have it for their bones and proper growth. Without issues like MBD can happen.
As soon as I am done with this post, I am headed out to a few stores to pick up supplies. I can't believe that I have been doing this completely wrong! Thank you so much for this information from now going forward Fred will be getting the appropriate supplements.
The cage is a screen cage. I bought the Zoo Med Repti Breeze Chameleon Kit which comes with a 16" L x 16" W x 30" H terrarium. Start planning on upgrading to a 2x2x4ft enclosure. This is the minimum size for them. And will be needed in the next month or so. Dragonstrand.com makes fantastic enclosures that have drip pans and ledges to mount plants and branches.
Thank you for the resource! Definitely going to look into this soon!
I was originally using a two dome light fixture with both a UVB and a heat lamp. After doing some research I went out and purchased a T8 UVB lamp, but I am still using the heat lamp in the two dome light fixture. I turn the light on every morning right around 8am and turn it off right around 8-9pm. Please tell me more about the T8 bulb. On the bulb it should say what strength it is. Also please make sure there is no plastic cover over the bulb.
Bulb is a 15 watt - T8-BP Tropical 25. There is a plastic cover over the bulb so I will be taking that off.
The basking spot temperature, when the light is on varies between 82 and 87 degrees Fahrenheit. I have never measured the cage floor temperature, I did not know this was necessary, but if it is I can go out and purchase a second temperature gage to place at the bottom (please let me know!). I do not know the lowest overnight temperature, but I have never seen the gage go below 65 degrees. So basking is too hot... You want it 80-82. You can reduce bulb wattage or raise the fixture or drop the branches lower below it to get the right temp.
These are really good and work with an app just keep them out of a direct spray path of water. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R586J37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just placed an order!
This is something I am struggling with. The humidity gage I have consistently tells me humidity is too low, but I do not know how to keep it up while using a screen terrarium. I am in desperate need of advice regarding this. Please tell me what your humidity is. 30-40% daytime level is perfect for veileds. The govee tells humidity as well.
Yeah sorry that would be something that would be super helpful *facepalm*. I've never seen it rise above the 30-40% mark during the daytime...I thought that was too low because it is labeled on my hydrometer as "desert"! That is very helpful to know that 30-40% is perfect though omg.
I do not have any live potted plants within the terrarium, but I do have several variations of live moss within the terrarium. No moss at all. Not even moss vines. No fake plants either. fake sponge plant things have to go as well. No bridge in the bottom. The only safe fake vines are fukers vines. Veileds eat everything. Moss is an impaction risk. Need live plants this will help with humidity. Taller plants like an umbrella or ficus to fill out the cage. See the veiled tested plants at this link. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf
Put 1 inch or larger rock over the dirt in the pot so baby does not eat the dirt.
I already got rid of all of the moss, and next to go is fake plants. I'm headed out to purchase the live plants as soon as this post is done.
The terrarium is located next to a window in my room. There is a floor radiator below his terrarium, but if this is a bad thing it is unavoidable given that my entire room is lined with a floor radiator. The top of the cage is about four feet from the ground currently. Make sure the radiator is not running at night. You want a temp drop to at least 65 at night.
I didn't think about this! I'll make sure thank you.

- with regard to problems,

So supplements are very incorrect and I need more details on uvb lighting. Both of these can cause them to close their eyes during the day. Are you hearing any wheezing or popping sounds from him? Vet visits are never a bad idea as long as it is a vet with Chameleon experience. Regular vets do not know what they are doing with chams.
I haven't heard any noises coming from him, so I believe that is a good sign! I think there is a reputable vet with Cham experience nearby, but I am going to look into that next.

Thank you so so so so so so much for all of this. The next few days are about to be chaotic but very necessary for making sure Freddie is happy, safe, and healthy. I am so frustrated with myself for being so misinformed, but I really appreciate all of your advice and I am taking action to fix everything that you mentioned. I waited for so long, and read so much about chameleons I thought I was ready and informed enough but I guess you never stop learning. I will be reading through all of these resources like a mad woman! The only thing I am not going to purchase until your response is new lighting, just because of the fact that I am still confused regarding what I need to switch it to...possibly the T5 (as stated in a previous comment)....? I am headed out to purchase Calcium without D3, some stuff for gutloading, (more crickets of course, because I always need more crickets), and some safe plants for his terrarium. The online order was placed for the govee smart hygrometer, I should get it by Tuesday. Then within the next month I will be looking into getting him a new and larger cage. Thank you thank you thank you!

Attachments

• tempImageMHATtV.png
    tempImageMHATtV.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
I tried to sneak a picture of his back feet, I don't see any tarsal spurs on his back feet, but also I may not know what I'm looking for. Picture attached at end of post.

This is very helpful! This was one thing that I was struggling with finding a consistent answer on, but now that I have this info I am going to get right on this.

As soon as I am done with this post, I am headed out to a few stores to pick up supplies. I can't believe that I have been doing this completely wrong! Thank you so much for this information from now going forward Fred will be getting the appropriate supplements.

Bulb is a 15 watt - T8-BP Tropical 25. There is a plastic cover over the bulb so I will be taking that off.

Just placed an order!

Yeah sorry that would be something that would be super helpful *facepalm*. I've never seen it rise above the 30-40% mark during the daytime...I thought that was too low because it is labeled on my hydrometer as "desert"! That is very helpful to know that 30-40% is perfect though omg.

I already got rid of all of the moss, and next to go is fake plants. I'm headed out to purchase the live plants as soon as this post is done.

I haven't heard any noises coming from him, so I believe that is a good sign! I think there is a reputable vet with Cham experience nearby, but I am going to look into that next.

Thank you so so so so so so much for all of this. The next few days are about to be chaotic but very necessary for making sure Freddie is happy, safe, and healthy. I am so frustrated with myself for being so misinformed, but I really appreciate all of your advice and I am taking action to fix everything that you mentioned. I waited for so long, and read so much about chameleons I thought I was ready and informed enough but I guess you never stop learning. I will be reading through all of these resources like a mad woman! The only thing I am not going to purchase until your response is new lighting, just because of the fact that I am still confused regarding what I need to switch it to...possibly the T5 (as stated in a previous comment)....? I am headed out to purchase Calcium without D3, some stuff for gutloading, (more crickets of course, because I always need more crickets), and some safe plants for his terrarium. The online order was placed for the govee smart hygrometer, I should get it by Tuesday. Then within the next month I will be looking into getting him a new and larger cage. Thank you thank you thank you!
Ok I want you to buy a new bulb then... You need a reptisun 10.0 T8 bulb. If your fixture is 20 inches then you need an 18 inch bulb. So whatever the fixture length you would buy the bulb 2 inches shorter.

Then basking branch would be about 7 inches below to get the right UVI level. Make sure plastic cover has been removed from the fixture. He has not had any UVB. This is a direct link to closing eyes during the day.

I just wanted to get that info up before you left for the store.

And you have a girl! So temps are really important and as she ages you will be reducing feeders differently then those with a male. Females lay infertile eggs so the basking temp and food intake impact how many eggs they lay.

Your temps for basking for her will never be hotter then 80 but keeping more to 78 is better.

Getting UVB lighting and supplements corrected will be extremely important.

Just placed an order!

Looks like a baby girl to me

I just wanted to get that info up before you left for the store.

And you have a girl! So temps are really important and as she ages you will be reducing feeders differently then those with a male. Females lay infertile eggs so the basking temp and food intake impact how many eggs they lay.

Your temps for basking for her will never be hotter then 80 but keeping more to 78 is better.

Getting UVB lighting and supplements corrected will be extremely important.
Today has been a WHIRLWIND!! You have been so helpful! Thank you so very much. I went out and purchased the Reptisun 10.0 UVB T8 bulb and took off the plastic cover! Just installed it a few minutes ago. Also went out and bought a few live plants. Took out all of the fake plants and moss too! I was on a mission trying to find the Calcium without D3, couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Made a few calls to the local small business pet stores nearby and one gave me a 1 oz sampler of it from their in-store stash. I had them put me down for the first person to call when they restock! Freddie (the FEMALE!!!! chameleon) is now exploring her new habitat and seems to be especially enjoying her new alive plants. I'll attach a picture of her terrarium with the new plants!

Posting on this forum was the best decision I've made in a long time, and I look forward to seeing how Chameleon Forums helps me make the best decisions for my lil girl in the future.

p.s. on the hunt for a vet in the area, will be making a first check up appointment in the next few days!

Attachments

• tempImageOfbv5P.png
    tempImageOfbv5P.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 132
Today has been a WHIRLWIND!! You have been so helpful! Thank you so very much. I went out and purchased the Reptisun 10.0 UVB T8 bulb and took off the plastic cover! Just installed it a few minutes ago. Also went out and bought a few live plants. Took out all of the fake plants and moss too! I was on a mission trying to find the Calcium without D3, couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Made a few calls to the local small business pet stores nearby and one gave me a 1 oz sampler of it from their in-store stash. I had them put me down for the first person to call when they restock! Freddie (the FEMALE!!!! chameleon) is now exploring her new habitat and seems to be especially enjoying her new alive plants. I'll attach a picture of her terrarium with the new plants!

Posting on this forum was the best decision I've made in a long time, and I look forward to seeing how Chameleon Forums helps me make the best decisions for my lil girl in the future.

p.s. on the hunt for a vet in the area, will be making a first check up appointment in the next few days!
I'm so glad you put in so much effort today. Many people dont do that.

Back
Top Bottom