Almost disaster

Hart20009

So left my Lillie out in her favorite Hibiscus tree close to the house. I left her there to go take a shower so she could get her 30+ minutes of sun a day. While I was in the shower I heard it start raining and ran outside in my towel and low and behold Lillie was running for the nearest Tree on the grass to get out of the rain.:eek::eek: If she had made the tree I doubt I would have seen her as I didn't realize she was gone so long. She is now safe in her enclosure and basking.:eek::eek:

I'm glad you found her just in time. Never, ever leave them alone not even for one second because they could run off or a bird or animal could get them. I see it happen on here all the time.

I left my cham in his free range inside and the next minute he was gone! He was on my bed, lol. Yeah, chams are very easy prey because they are slow.

Agree with Jann.
Although i cant really say too much, as I also had a lucky escape (or my cham did). I actually lost one of my little male hoehnelli in my garden a few weeks back. He was awol for over ten hours :D. I eventually found him that night once it got dark. I went out with a torch & found him sleeping in one of the hedges in my garden. :)

So left my Lillie out in her favorite Hibiscus tree close to the house. I left her there to go take a shower so she could get her 30+ minutes of sun a day. While I was in the shower I heard it start raining and ran outside in my towel and low and behold Lillie was running for the nearest Tree on the grass to get out of the rain.:eek::eek: If she had made the tree I doubt I would have seen her as I didn't realize she was gone so long. She is now safe in her enclosure and basking.:eek::eek:

You were incredibly lucky. Lesson learned I hope? Don't trust them to stay put EVER!

Yes, agreed to never leave them alone, even for a minute. They act slow while you watch them, but they can move pretty darn fat when they want to.

Back
Top Bottom