Almost a year later

Calval24

IMG_9651.JPG
IMG_9653.JPG
Well I have had Raptor for almost a year now. Hard to believe he was so little. I was the victim of a Breeder at a reptile show that sold him way too young! But to everyone's help on here I think he is happy and healthy now. It has been a long road with a lot of trial and error. Well here he. What does everyone think?!!

He's definitely a gorgeous boy <3. He has some interesting colors... do you know if he has anything in him other than ambanja? I am just wondering if he is a bit of a hybrid?

Great looking boy. Sometimes you get a diamond in the rough at those shows. Kinda looks like a cross. Love to have a side picture. Very distinguished colors on him. The eyes keep throwing me off

He's definitely a gorgeous boy <3. He has some interesting colors... do you know if he has anything in him other than ambanja? I am just wondering if he is a bit of a hybrid?
Thank you!! Hybrid?!!! Idk. The guy that sold him to me said he was pure ambilobe. I feel like I was taken advantage of being new to panthers at that time. Oh well. Live and learn right?'!!!

Great looking boy. Sometimes you get a diamond in the rough at those shows. Kinda looks like a cross. Love to have a side picture. Very distinguished colors on him. The eyes keep throwing me off
What do you mean by side pic? I will get one as soon as I get home

Yes but the guy also sold you a baby that was far too young from the sounds of it. So idk how reliable he would be. Idk if he has anything else in him. I feel if he does at all, it definitely doesn't affect much other that colors. I wouldn't say he is pure ambilobe for sure, maybe for colors, but the distinctive nose he has is more like ambanjas

IMG_6006.JPG
Yes but the guy also sold you a baby that was far too young from the sounds of it. So idk how reliable he would be. Idk if he has anything else in him. I feel if he does at all, it definitely doesn't affect much other that colors. I wouldn't say he is pure ambilobe for sure, maybe for colors, but the distinctive nose he has is more like ambanjas
He was definitely sold way too young knowing what I know now. He was so small he fit in a little deli cup. Like the small ones that salsa come in. I think we was at most 2 weeks old when I got him. Here is a pic of when I got him. Well if he is a cross I would like to know. Thank you for your input. I'm trying to be the best Cham keeper I can be. :)

Definitely a tiny little guy when you bought him, barely any meat on his bones either even though he was so young in my opinion he should have been a bit more filled out. Definitely lucky to have found you <3. Figuring out whether he is a hybrid is hard. SOOOO many of the locales look so similar. And they are kept the same pretty much. I think the more obscure locales, require a bit of tweaking and can be harder to breed, but you have less of an issue with that, when they are crossed. Either way he is absolutely drop dead gorgeous <3 I definitely prefer crosses of pures, but that's because of the huge amount of mystery that comes with them. But no matter whether a chameleon is a cross or pure (mostly talking about panthers here) they all end up beautiful in the end <3

The middle bar on him is looking more like a U than a Y from that pick. Definitely has the nose of a ambanja.I have 7 ambanjas not one i have scene with that many colors he's great looking though. I personally like to get them younger it's just harder to rear them. I always keep my babies for as long as I can fun day watching them grow

I am having a hard time remembering which is a y and which is a u? Wasn't ambilobe and ambanja locales y? When sambava supposed to be a u? Forgive me if I am wrong tried looking it up but failed epically at the moment. xD

I am having a hard time remembering which is a y and which is a u? Wasn't ambilobe and ambanja locales y? When sambava supposed to be a u? Forgive me if I am wrong tried looking it up but failed epically at the moment. xD
U is usually sambava.y and I have seen I's in ambilobe and ambanja. Not an expert though

I personally am not a fan of the bright colored Chams, they are beautiful, just not for me, BUT his coloring are simply gorgeous! Like he's been airbrushed. THATS a nice, perfectly colored cham in my opinion.

Man was he tiny when you got him! And I thought mine is small!

You appear to be doing a great job with him.

Yeah a lot of hybrids from what I have noticed have duller resting colors in my opinion, but when the fire up it's an amazing contrast. (my male panther is usually dark and deep reds with forest greens, a small amount of light blue, and black. When he fires up he turns violent reds, bright yellows, and sunset oranges.. with pastel blues) I just look at those ones and say, who knew XD

Yeah a lot of hybrids from what I have noticed have duller resting colors in my opinion, but when the fire up it's an amazing contrast. (my male panther is usually dark and deep reds with forest greens, a small amount of light blue, and black. When he fires up he turns violent reds, bright yellows, and sunset oranges.. with pastel blues) I just look at those ones and say, who knew XD
that sounds like some amazing coloring! do you have any pics??

Not any good ones of him firing... sadly the only time I could ever get him to reliably fire up was when he was in his teenage years. Even a few months above a year old he was not interested in showing off and was super chill. Even when I tried a mirror. Now he's blind (at the moment) and I don't think he notices much as far as that. I may be able to get him in his pajamas tomorrow which are similar to his fire colors.

I think I have seen him truly fire up... like 5 times his entire life? I have had him since he was 4 months, he is now 4 and some change.

Back
Top Bottom