All Worm Veiled Chameleon Diet

jackthejellydragon

Avid Member
Hi I am trying to figure out if I can use an only worm diet for my veiled chameleon.I live in Florida so is can not use roaches. I am currently feeding him a diet a black soldier fly larvae, phoenix worms, crickets , and a waxworm every other day. I would like to find a different staple other than crickets. he is A 3 1/2 month old male veiled chameleon.

Hi I am trying to figure out if I can use an only worm diet for my veiled chameleon.I live in Florida so is can not use roaches. I am currently feeding him a diet a black soldier fly larvae, phoenix worms, crickets , and a waxworm every other day. I would like to find a different staple other than crickets. he is A 3 1/2 month old male veiled chameleon.
There are some legal roaches to use in florida. I am not too familiar with the legal types so will call on @jamest0o0 for help on this one. He also can help with sales.

I’m in Florida and have a colony of discoids which are similar to Dubia but legal. I am also starting a colony of Surinam. There are several other types of roaches that are also legal such as green banana and death’s head, just to name a couple. While we automatically think, ’yuck...roaches’, they are actually much more pleasant than crickets. Cleaner, quieter and a much better feeder. Nothing at all like the scourge of German cockroaches or even palmetto bugs.

Pretty much I am trying to figure out if I can use an all worm diet.
Bsfl and silkworms are good staple feeders. Hornworms, superworms and the rare waxworms for treats.
F3505A49-BDC3-41A2-B5AB-D0AC3E71E225.jpeg

So I’ve had him for three weeks and he’s doing really good everything is set up properly in good. He seems very healthy he’s been eating I’ve actually been feeding him a combination of crickets and other Some Worms.but I have discovered that I Have an issue with crickets they are escaping. And roaches I cannot do because my mom would not ever let me have roaches in the house.

I mean I will do crickets if I have to but I would like to avoid them if he can still be healthy and happy.
Is your mom accepting of crickets? I find crickets to be nasty little buggers and although much bigger, uglier and having a very bad reputation, roaches are so much more pleasant to keep. We aren’t talking German roaches or palmetto bugs. Those are nasty. Discoids are quiet, pretty clean and don’t climb or fly.

Back
Top Bottom