all this talk of ambanjas...

He looks AWESOME!! I'm still waiting to see pics of the one you got from me!! Oh wait...you sold him lol!! Just teasing Sang, David just bought a pair of Veiled's from me and let the cat outta the bag so to speak.:D

David who? I still have him!!! I'll try and take pics of him but he's not photogenic at all. He literal hides from me every time I go in my Cham room.

Could have sworn I posted on this thread before but I guess I didn't! So I will say what I thought I did before and that is WOW! Love him!!!

David who? I still have him!!! I'll try and take pics of him but he's not photogenic at all. He literal hides from me every time I go in my Cham room.
David Rogers aka Zanish as he goes by here on the forums. He told me you sold him the Ambanja you got from me. I think maybe he was mistaken and he is referring to the Sturgis male you had? Anyway, no biggie I am glad you still have him and I would love to see how he's turning out!!

I'll try and take pics of him but he's not photogenic at all. He literal hides from me every time I go in my Cham room.

Must be something about those yellow banjas. My new guy puffs up every time he catches a glimpse of me. :rolleyes:

Could have sworn I posted on this thread before but I guess I didn't! So I will say what I thought I did before and that is WOW! Love him!!!

thx carol!

Sweet colors

thx!

David Rogers aka Zanish as he goes by here on the forums. He told me you sold him the Ambanja you got from me. I think maybe he was mistaken and he is referring to the Sturgis male you had? Anyway, no biggie I am glad you still have him and I would love to see how he's turning out!!

oh yeah, david is thinking of my other ambanja from sturgis.

Must be something about those yellow banjas. My new guy puffs up every time he catches a glimpse of me. :rolleyes:

he's totally shy. i don't think i've held him more than two times since i've gotten him. lol

well, you won't have to wait too long before this studs babies are available. we just bred him to one of our ambanja girls. :) can't wait to see these babies.

i thought i'd throw one of my banjas out there.

full

Nice looking animal. But that is NOT pedigree Ambanja. Not in a million years. Sorry. It is Locale hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi jim,
nice to see you and have your input. what is throwing you off about this guy? i'm not offended or pissed in any way. :) i only classify my animals as what the original breeder class them as. this guy came from a large and reputable breeder. i'd like to hear what you think...

hi jim,
nice to see you and have your input. what is throwing you off about this guy? i'm not offended or pissed in any way. :) i only classify my animals as what the original breeder class them as. this guy came from a large and reputable breeder. i'd like to hear what you think...

I understand. But the colors are a bit off, and that red spot in the bars is what we usually see from and Ambilobe influence. Never been a true WC Ambanja unpacked that looked like that. Nor a pedigree Ambilobe either. But I think it most likely a cross of the two.

It is a very nice animal. Great color. And great health. Kudos to you on that. But it is not pedigree Ambanja. Not ever. Never. Whether you have an issue with whom you purchased it from is between you and them. If someone of experience wants to defend that as an Ambanja, I will gladly take them on.

This hobby is littered with Locale hybrids. We have all been polluted with such for whatever reason. I have unwittingly sold some, although I try not to, and work feverishly to cleanse my bloodlines when I get snookered.

For reference, every animal on this page is a WC:

http://www.chameleoncompany.com/ambanjapanther.html

I have easily held another 100 WC males in my own hands. I have also produced hundreds more from pedigree adults. And I have also produced accidental hybrids. I know the turf all too well.

I understand. But the colors are a bit off, and that red spot in the bars is what we usually see from and Ambilobe influence. Never been a true WC Ambanja unpacked that looked like that. Nor a pedigree Ambilobe either. But I think it most likely a cross of the two.

It is a very nice animal. Great color. And great health. Kudos to you on that. But it is not pedigree Ambanja. Not ever. Never. Whether you have an issue with whom you purchased it from is between you and them. If someone of experience wants to defend that as an Ambanja, I will gladly take them on.

This hobby is littered with Locale hybrids. We have all been polluted with such for whatever reason. I have unwittingly sold some, although I try not to, and work feverishly to cleanse my bloodlines when I get snookered.

For reference, every animal on this page is a WC:

http://www.chameleoncompany.com/ambanjapanther.html

I have easily held another 100 WC males in my own hands. I have also produced hundreds more from pedigree adults. And I have also produced accidental hybrids. I know the turf all too well.
you've been in this game much longer than me so i'm not going to argue w/ you on your experience and what you've done. just like you said, it's the breeder's word that took and whether that breeder is selling hybrids as pure locales, well shame on them. that's why i never buy from just "anybody". i only buy animals from reputable breeders and this guy came from one so what can you do at this point except "shrug" right? thx for you input as i always welcome criticism from educated breeders. :)

Last edited:
you've been in this game much longer than me so i'm not going to argue w/ you on your experience and what you've done. just like you said, it's the breeder's word that took and whether that breeder is selling hybrids as pure locales, well shame on them. that's why i never buy from just "anybody". i only buy animals from reputable breeders and this guy came from one so what can you do at this point except "shrug" right? thx for you input as i always welcome criticism from educated breeders. :)

Hey. Been there, done that a hundred times. I am not here to slam other breeders. Your animal is not pedigree Ambanja. I have certainly produced many animals that were not as I expected as well. And I have also sold them with pure intent, only to later find out I had issues.

That red splotch in the barring is hugely indicative of Ambilobe influence. It shows up in many Ambilobe hybrids. Unfortunately, I speak from experience.

My advice would be to breed that guy back into Ambanja girls. There is no finite stereotype on how a Locale must look, as there are pedigree variations in each. But there are still parameters. My own rule is that "it is what it looks like", but if you have to spend too much effort trying to convince someone that it is what it doesn't look like, then look to refine your bloodlines. If you breed him to pedigree Ambanja girls, then the next generation may get you back under the Ambanja umbrella. We have no other test except for how it looks compared to known WC's.

Frankly, "close" counts in horseshoes, hand-grenades, and panther chameleon Locales.

Back
Top Bottom