all natural cham habitats...

Pothos are actually not toxic. Totally edible.

If anything, ficus and jasmine are the most "dangerous" plants because of the soupy white "blood" (phloem and xylem I think?) that comes out when the chameleon decides to eat the plant. It can cause harm and irritation to their eyes.

It sounds like you go through a lot of plants or just have a lot of them. Live plants work wonders whether they're tropical or not.

That makes for a slightly unattractive enclosure when you could have open space for the chameleon to roam while maintaining a healthy plant, chameleon, and still have dense enough foliage WHILE KEEPING IT NICE LOOKING.

:) The key is not the type of plant, just the work you put into it.

I SECOND THAT :)
no i dont go through alot i just have alot lol and PRUNING DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!..and alot are small.. like the ficus and the umbrella's i got after reading on 9/10 posts that "this is what you need for a cham" which is on every list for safe..ive lost one plant so far, dracanea(spelling) my "dripper" was dripping into the pot more than the cup right next to it.and after a week of drip watering..it wasnt looking good lol.. took it out and re-potted it but i think i shocked it cuz it just crashed hard after that...i bought a few hibiscus at one time cuz almost every post i read before i got a cham said they die or just dont do well indoors and you have to rotate them outside to keep them healthy..so now i have more than i need..the ones in the cages are doing great and have tons of new growth. i rotated one cuz my female pruned it really good for me..she loves her hibiscus...

she doesnt eat the jasmine leaves..she will eat the flowers though and im IN NO WAY implying that your wrong about the jasmine..im waayy too new to this to call anyone with as much experience as you have wrong about anything but Star Jasmine(Trachelospermum jasminoides) is on all the safe lists ive found, Chameleonforums list, flchams list, cleanlineschams list and tiki tiki reptiles list as well so i just followed what was recommended according to the cham sites and forums but thats good to know about the jasmine! learn something new daily :)

i did notice she ate some of her pothos leaves when i added it and she was fine after eating a half of one, didnt think anything of it. After day 3...i noticed she didnt want to eat, wasnt sleeping but had that sleepy look and wasnt very active, dark and not looking good. The only thing that was different was she had eaten alot of the pothos and its not store bought so there was no fertilizer or bug killer on it.. but i took it out. she was ok about 3-4 days later back to her normal bouncy mean self and i added the star jasmine vines to replace the pothos about a week after and she ate the flowers off it and has been fine ever since, that was about a month ago

i swear if its green or has a flower she'll try it..she bit my green hawaiian t shirt the other day sitting on my shoulder lol so i am very cautious with what i add and im still learning alot about plants and many i dont even consider because i assume shes going to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom