All moms & dads of Juvi/ 7 month old panthers....

Hmmmm....see I asked this question a few weeks back about my male Ambilobe. He showed up from FLChams about 12 inches long...including the tail. As I purchased a 4mo old, I figured something was incorrect. After a couple weeks I finally got in touch with the seller, and they said they probably sent one that was around 6 months old after I described the size. So with that said, if they're age estimate is correct, I have a 13 inch 7 month old.

I kind of assumed this would be correct, since all of my three cham books say male panthers get to be 22 inches long. How big are y'alls full grown panthers? How much of that is just their body?

Well my male is 19 months so not completely considered done growing (visibly.) He is somewhere around 13-14 inches long tip to tip with about 6" of that being his body. Itty bitty little man.

Olimpia, Wowww.... what a great bunch of pictures & records you have, thanks! Your guy grew so much between 7 months and 1 year... that's amazing :). His color change was awesome to from 7 months to 1 year old, handsome lil devil. I can only hope for the same w/ Diego. Thanks for sharing all of those picture... AWESOME :D

pssh, Wow you lil man is itty bitty... just makes him all the more special ;)

I feel better knowing the are others out there small like my boy. Today he's shedding, only his head so far but I can see his back is going to follow... so he might be growing SLOWLY but he's growing :D

So, is 22 inches not realistic? Or, do some folks here have panthers around that size to validate that data?

22 inches is possible but unlikely. The majority of panther males are under 20 inches. Sambavas tend to be on the bigger side though (except mine.) I seem to see more WCs that are large though.

Hmmmm....see I asked this question a few weeks back about my male Ambilobe. He showed up from FLChams about 12 inches long...including the tail. As I purchased a 4mo old, I figured something was incorrect. After a couple weeks I finally got in touch with the seller, and they said they probably sent one that was around 6 months old after I described the size. So with that said, if they're age estimate is correct, I have a 13 inch 7 month old.

I kind of assumed this would be correct, since all of my three cham books say male panthers get to be 22 inches long. How big are y'alls full grown panthers? How much of that is just their body?

I think, but could be wrong, that measurements are done from head tip to tail & NOT including the tail.

The 22 inch Length is including the tail. A more accurate way to measure them is snout to vent (STV) length as tail length can very greatly.

Back
Top Bottom