All About The Bugs

KDaters

I’ve been using Crickets as my main feeder and have a larger container that I keep them in until it’s time to feed (Picture included, yes those are spinach leaves, no they are no longer in there). I’m interested in roaches and flies but don’t necessarily know the best way to store them or house them until it’s time to feed. If you have pictures of your bug set up will you please post them or give me advice on ways to keep the bugs. I would appreciate it! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 62A179C7-DDE8-4ED2-937E-024F747464AA.jpeg
    62A179C7-DDE8-4ED2-937E-024F747464AA.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 113
A little tiny bit of spinach once in a great while is ok. More than that and we take you out back and give you 40 lashes with an organic carrot. JK
Obviously there are better choices as you now know.
I keep my roaches very much the same way I keep my crickets with more egg crate. I also give them less protein. No nuts or other high protein sources.

I’ve been using Crickets as my main feeder and have a larger container that I keep them in until it’s time to feed (Picture included, yes those are spinach leaves, no they are no longer in there). I’m interested in roaches and flies but don’t necessarily know the best way to store them or house them until it’s time to feed. If you have pictures of your bug set up will you please post them or give me advice on ways to keep the bugs. I would appreciate it! Thank you!!
You can just store them like crickets... a few egg crates and some gut load. You asked for pics so here ya go:

This is the back wall of my "office". Its pretty much dedicated to chams and bugs.

20191003_194425.jpg

I keep my roach bin outside my door here for the heat. (Florida - roaches need like 80-90 degree heat to breed)

20191003_194028.jpg

Inside that bin I have 2 bioactive containers with discoid roaches. [One for smalls and one for larger]

20191003_194450.jpg

These guys I found today and have them on my porch "doing the deed" in a small screened cage.

20191003_120615.jpg

Cham keeping is a gateway addiction. Plants, insects, more chams.... vicious cycle!

Best wishes!

You can just store them like crickets... a few egg crates and some gut load. You asked for pics so here ya go:

This is the back wall of my "office". Its pretty much dedicated to chams and bugs.

View attachment 247675

I keep my roach bin outside my door here for the heat. (Florida - roaches need like 80-90 degree heat to breed)

View attachment 247676

Inside that bin I have 2 bioactive containers with discoid roaches. [One for smalls and one for larger]

View attachment 247677

These guys I found today and have them on my porch "doing the deed" in a small screened cage.

View attachment 247678

Cham keeping is a gateway addiction. Plants, insects, more chams.... vicious cycle!

Best wishes!
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you!

Back
Top Bottom