Agnes' eggs are laid

Brad Ramsey

Retired Moderator
Looking an awful lot like an expensive (but empty) coin purse, Agnes is busy drinking as I type and she has had a few large overly dusted crickets.
31 days since mating.
Things were different though ...
I had (a few times) physically put her in her laying bin, only to have her climb out and perch back up at the top of the enclosure ... her body pouring over the bend-a-vine.
Today I found a dropped egg on the floor of her enclosure (looks good and it's in the final count) and I said "c'mon, you know you need to do this!" She hasn't eaten in over a week but the grip is strong and she doesn't want to be moved ... I extract her from the vine anyway and put her in the bucket and started a tunnel for her.
Well she just started dumping eggs ... didn't dig or even move until half way through. Then she went over to the little hole I started, turned around and dumped the rest in there.
She was filling in the little pit when I decided to feel her for any eggs still in her ... there was one.
The eggs are HUGE this time and there was no mistake ... I massaged it a little bit and within a few minutes she deposited it on the dirt right in front of me.
Phew!
Care to guess the #? She was awfully big;) ... these are super white and the largest I have seen straight out of the animal.
*hint: she has always laid an odd number of eggs.

-Brad

That must have been so stressful for you! Maybe she was too fat to dig her own hole! Lily is looking like a bag of marbles too at the moment. I reckon Agnes laid 43 big white ones!

Glad to hear her laying went smoothly:)

I guess 77, but I hope I'm wrong, you'd be one busy boy if that were the case!

Ok, now you have to tell us how many, the suspense is killing me;)

I already guessed 53. You'll have to pick a different number. :D

That's right.
And Sandy is the winner!
53 beautiful, fat, white eggs.
We'll have to see in a few months if we need to add some Kitty/Agnes blood to your already prestigious lines!;)

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom