Aggressive male yemen

When i catch him about to shoot at me, i do move quickly and shout and he pulls his tongue back in. But its when i dont catch it quick enough, he gets me an near pulls my bloody skin off! Im laughing myself but its really not funny LOL x

well mines moody too until you get him out and he realizes whos hand and hes on, to tell the truth your just going to have work with with out stressing him out. I see Chameleons as a pet you can take out for a short period of time but mostly they are a look at pet.

A video would be cool im just curious to what he does exactly.

If you plan on making him a little nicer you might have to take a few more bites just dont fling him since thats the first thing everyone wants to do when they get bit.

yea its nothing to laugh about but gotta think about what hes thinking when he does it, i would say hes doing it on purpose just to mess with you, but no telling, all chams have some sort of character in them.

I had a Nosey Be male that was just like that. He was that way from the day I got him until he passed away. It was just him, I realized that and adjusted my ways around him. He never shot his tounge at me but would hiss, lunge, try to bite and jump. Thankfully he never got a hold of me.

On another note one of my male Oustaletis was the only chameleon I ever had that would key in on my eyes and shoot when I was maintaining his cage. That is a weird feeling getting plunked in the eye by a chameleon!!

Chuck

Thanks for the advice peeps. Ill try work with him, try pluck up some courage from somewhere. Ill post pics of the injuries :eek:

Jade

I have similar problem with my female. She's about 6 months old and she's terrified of people. By people I mean just me and my sister, because we try not to overstress her with other pests( :D ). We've had her since Monday and as soon as she sees somebody entering the room she hides behind a branch or in the plants. I managed to hand feed her some wax worms twice this week, but other than that she just runs away. She's also doing her angry-chameleon-thing when I try to get my hand and she tried to bite me once. I'm patient and try not to worry her too much, but at some point I'll have to handle her in order to clean her viv and I'm just wondering if I'll be able to tame her with time?

She needs more time to get used to her new surroundings! You've not even had her a week yet. Leave her be for a few days and just put in food and mist her, but don't bother her and try to handle her. She may just need a few more days to settle in.

OMG you will never believe me when i tell you!!

I took some advice from the other peeps and i put a large plant next to his flex. After about 15 mins of thinking about it he climbed out and onto the plant. He sat there enjoying the new view for about 30 mins and i made my move. I (with gloves of course, im not stupid lol) put my hand near him and leaned the plant back into his flex. He didnt wanna go back in so he had no choice but to climb aboard. I NEARLY DIED!!

I held him whilst he was climbing up and down my arm for about 10 mins. This has never happened before. He was totally the same as yours, i had to move really slow and not put my hand above him. He didnt puff up once. He didnt wanna go back in LOL. Its deffo a territory thing with him.

Im so made up right now!! This is the first time ive held him sence he was 3 months old.

SERIOUSLY thanks guys, thats made my day!!

Jade x

Back
Top Bottom