Aggressive Little Guy

Thank you for the encouragement! I've only had Percy about 2 months so maybe there's still hope! I'm hoping to build him a little climbing rope gym from my ceiling to go into his cage this week so maybe once he gets out of the cage and is less territorial he'll be less aggressive.
Very good idea with the rope. I have one set up for my cham and she’s loves it, and it’s very helpful when’s it comes to getting her out on her own terms. She was watching me the whole time I set it up so she’s was very interested in it, and then when I put the rope leading from the ceiling to the cage, in her cage she almost immediately ran to it. Once I introduced it to her she came out almost everyday on her own, and would try to spend alllll day up there. Good idea !
(Also some ideas for how to set up the rope :)) ) 512051DC-E8CF-48D0-A90B-006C1E3C4167.jpeg B0BE5554-C374-4498-A58A-FFB38AF15E50.jpeg

Lots of patience! It took me months to be able to open Leo’s cage and do stuff (fill his dripper, pick up poop, etc.) without him huffing and hissing. He still doesn’t like to be held but I hand feed at every feeding, at least half of his food. (I like to let him hunt so I don’t hand feed all of it.) I can usually get my hand very close to him (even without food) without him huffing and puffing up. I don’t push it though. I also just moved him into a new enclosure so he’s being angry and aggressive again but I’m hoping he’ll settle down in the coming weeks.

Very good idea with the rope. I have one set up for my cham and she’s loves it, and it’s very helpful when’s it comes to getting her out on her own terms. She was watching me the whole time I set it up so she’s was very interested in it, and then when I put the rope leading from the ceiling to the cage, in her cage she almost immediately ran to it. Once I introduced it to her she came out almost everyday on her own, and would try to spend alllll day up there. Good idea !
(Also some ideas for how to set up the rope :)) ) View attachment 233121View attachment 233122
Spiderman, spiderman... lol, j/k. Thats a really cool idea, could even have pothos and other plants growing off of them.

(Also some ideas for how to set up the rope :)) ) View attachment 233121View attachment 233122
That first is the exact picture I was going off of actually! haha great minds think alike

Back
Top Bottom