Aggressive cham

laurenlieven

So I’ve had my chameleon for about 3 months and he seems to really like me, the problem is that he isn’t a big fan of my boyfriend. When he goes to put worms or crickets into his cage he will often lunge, puff up and occasionally hiss at him. (yes we used to hold him sometimes but only when we left his door open for him to roam.) He rarely ever shows this behavior towards me since I only feed him, mist him and then leave him alone. My boyfriend on the other hand likes to stare at him and I feel like antagonizes him (he also rarely gets dark to show he’s actually angry) (he stopped trying to pet Rango (thank god)) and now only really feeds and mists him. I’m trying to have my boyfriend gain Rangos trust back and hopefully he will stop getting mad at him. Do you guys think that it will work? Please let me know and if you have any other suggestions I would be more than happy to hear them. Thank you!

Are you the one who primarily feeds him? Chameleons are pretty intelligent when it comes to recognizing their owners vs strangers. Only thing I could think of doing is possibly having your bf feed him more often but have him do it slowly putting food in. And make sure he isn't wearing dark colored clothing, this can spook chams as well.

Back
Top Bottom