Age old question answered...

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
So I have always wondered this...

If I were in the field handling dangerous animals, would I start to sound like Steve Irwin?

Yes, yes I would...

20190820_075224.jpg

20190820_075547.jpg

20190820_075933.jpg

I was literally laughing as I caught myself saying "You're Alright, Mate, You're Alright!" :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Woke up to a visitor on the lanai today. Not quite sure how he got in, but I know they can flatten out through some tight spaces. Glad the cats aren't out today!

We had had a lot of rain and the creek (pronounced crick) outback had been running high so he might have got up that way. I was only 4 at the time and my brothers got out the encyclopedia to ID it. He also didn't jump as much as fall on me. I screamed and ran and he slithered under the fence.
It never turned me off of reptiles not even snakes but I prefer picking them up to having them dropped on me.

O!M!G! I didn’t know they were THE most venomous snake in the US. I had one in my house a few years back...my dog and cats were playing with it. I scooped it into a box and threw it outside. Thankfully none of my critters (or me) were bitten. Crikey! :eek:
I had no idea we had them here in the US

This guy was very calm. They usually curl their tail to show aggression, but he only flattened out a bit initially. I can see how people could “accidentally” handle one. The black racers we have around here are much more aggressive, but harmless.

After dealing with this guy I would rather see him than the rattlers we have around here! ;)

snakes are friends :(

( in the pic this is a 5 foot almost 6 foot cage aggressive columbian boa )

Most of the time they’re just scared. But beware of the coral snake. Very very very very very venomous

Attachments

• 9877C212-61E6-4B87-B750-53947575FE90.png
    9877C212-61E6-4B87-B750-53947575FE90.png
    638.2 KB · Views: 78
Most of the time they’re just scared. But beware of the coral snake. Very very very very very venomous

They definitely are to be taken seriously. He wasn’t phased by me at all, but so many people would have tried to kill him if they saw him. I’m glad he is my neighbor :).

I had no idea we had them here in the US

Oh yeah, they are here. Especially here in Texas. I’ll even go as far to say that they are still residing in heavily populated cities like Fort Worth. About 10 years ago I was out in the back yard watching our wild anoles hop around and play when something suddenly made them scatter. I shuffled around the ground cover (foolish me, I was only 13-14 then) and found a coral snake in the middle of Keller, Texas. I immediately, and as calmly as possible, backed away and left it there to wander on its merry way. So glad my dogs weren’t out during the time or else they would have tried to play with it!

Back
Top Bottom