African land snails

JacksJill

Chameleon Enthusiast
Do they get any bigger?
I don't know anything specifically about this species but when I get wild brown garden snails I feed off the second generation after I move the eggs to a clean fresh container to hatch so they are never exposed to the adults and their feces as a precaution.

Zevil

Avid Member
Do they get any bigger?
I don't know anything specifically about this species but when I get wild brown garden snails I feed off the second generation after I move the eggs to a clean fresh container to hatch so they are never exposed to the adults and their feces as a precaution.
They get a lot bigger when fully grown, about palm size.

Zevil

Avid Member
I rehouse them because the container my friend put them in has little to ventilation. Notice a few dead ones but estimated about 200 live ones. I put them in moist eco earth with some greens. I cut a huge hole in the lid of the new container and hot glue a wire screen on it for ventilation. Anything else I need to do? And how do I feed them to my cham when he's a picky one who don't even want bsfl.

Attachments

Zevil

Avid Member
I just realized they weren't African land snails, I assume they are African land snails because there were one adult African land snail in the same flower pot. Turns out these babies are awl snails (allopeas gracile).

Top Bottom