Advice required

Billyt130

Hi , a few weeks back I posted about my Cham Kurt and his back legs problem , various trips to the vet later , blood tests , xrays etc it has turned out he has a lower back problem , the vet has prescribed gabapentin and metacam , I have reduced his viv so he can’t climb very high ( so he doesn’t fall ) the vet says he has a bit of fusing of the bone , he has a very strong grip with his back legs still but seems to struggle to climb as they involuntary seem to spasm , he has no MBD his weight is 225g all health checks have come back as perfect , the vet ( Lauries of Falkirk ) are actually using his pics as there poster boy as he’s so pretty , any my question is just simply has anyone experienced same problem with there Cham ? I know the obvious answer is what the vet says it’s a wait and see but I’d like any opinions based on experience , thanks again guys . Billy

Attachments

• 13766026-8518-47F0-9E4A-13A1852C8581.jpeg
    13766026-8518-47F0-9E4A-13A1852C8581.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 77
He is a handsome boy! I wonder if the fusing of the bones was do to a fall. Just the way it healed?
The vet said it’s possibly a injury he’s had for a while and as he’s free it’s became more problematic , before his recent troubles I never saw him fall , it is meaning he’s struggling to do the toilet , I presume that’s it’s uncomfortable for him to get into position , he’s eating fine and since I have pretty much halved his viv he seems content , I’ve only got branches a few inch off the ground for now

The vet said it’s possibly a injury he’s had for a while and as he’s free it’s became more problematic , before his recent troubles I never saw him fall , it is meaning he’s struggling to do the toilet , I presume that’s it’s uncomfortable for him to get into position , he’s eating fine and since I have pretty much halved his viv he seems content , I’ve only got branches a few inch off the ground for now
*as he’s aged ( don’t know why it says free) *

Back
Top Bottom