Advice on strange behavior

Curious if i need to bathe my chameleon to make sure he doesn't have any of eggs/oocysts on him? I'm everything I've read nothing mentions anything about cleaning the chameleon off.
Where the cysts are in the poop I think you are ok unless he walks in the poop or gets some stuck on his tail or butt.

Not much of an update yet. I had to get a new cage to put him in but it should all be set to by tomorrow. I started his medication yesterday and he hates it so bad. He won't open house mouth so I have to try to open it with a rubber spatula (vet rec). He's still pretty lethargic but he has been eating a feeder or two per day. Poor little guy. He'll pull through though.

Not much of an update yet. I had to get a new cage to put him in but it should all be set to by tomorrow. I started his medication yesterday and he hates it so bad. He won't open house mouth so I have to try to open it with a rubber spatula (vet rec). He's still pretty lethargic but he has been eating a feeder or two per day. Poor little guy. He'll pull through though.
I’m sorry to hear he is hard to give meds to. I put my medication on a bug and feed the bug to my cham. Could you try the same?

First, you can inject any med into a hornworm and fed it to your cham. A lot of meds tend to deydrate so it will help with that too. For cleaning, i use 2% chlorhexidine gluconate. this can be watered down 1oz (2tbls) with 1 gallon of water for big cleanings or i use one tabkespoon added to a squirt bottle and clean vines, the bottom, any oart of the cage and wioe off leaves as it dies nit harm live plants! Its what vets and shelters use to sanitize without harming any animal.

Back
Top Bottom