Advice on size and converting furniture

ArtKtAstic

Advice please. Could this curio cabinet work to be converted to a home for a male veild chameleon? It is 24 wide 15 deep and 63 inches tall. It has a built in light already, so I think that can be changed to the correct bulbs. I'm thinking the glass can be easily changed to screen, and it's oak wood so it's sturdy. I've been trying to find something for my guy that isn't the cheap one from a pet store but wasn't sure if anyone else had experience in converting furniture to a cage or if this would be large enough?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171115-072103.jpg
    Screenshot_20171115-072103.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 111
If it were me I'd keep looking. The height is great but I don't think the width and depth is going to give you enough horizontal roaming area for an adult male veiled. The majority of my chams (panthers) preferred using the horizontal space and would roam around from side to side or corner to corner in their cage but would stay within a couple feet vertically even with 48" and 54" tall cages.

Yea i would keep looking. You might be able to rig up some roaming, but if the cage is setup the same top to bottom, they will find a level they like, and stay there 80% of the time.

Generally a good cage bottom is 2 animal lengths in both directions. So 12" female would be great in a 24x24 cage, a very large male (15"+) might be "ok".

Back
Top Bottom