Advice on anything missing....

IzzieC

We have started Izzie's new house. Any suggestions on anything else we should add? I am planning on adding more branches tomorrow and fixing the paper towels in the bottom
*Also...she apparently LOVES her new plant. She drank water from the leaves and then ate several bites. Can she eat "too many" leaves???

August 6 House upgrade (14).JPG
August 6 House upgrade (15).JPG

The leaf eating is fine. Also, maybe try something else than paper towel? Because if it gets really wet, it can cause mold to grow. (I talk from experience...:oops:)

The leaf eating is fine. Also, maybe try something else than paper towel? Because if it gets really wet, it can cause mold to grow. (I talk from experience...:oops:)
What else would you recommend? I had like green carpet like stuff for her old enclosure and I just washed it each cleaning and replaced it with the "spare" but then I read a lot of people just use paper towels and toss them. I don't want to use anything she may ingest like coconut fiber, etc. I need to use something because she will slide on the bottom should she venture down there to hunt.

You could find some sort of drainage system or do what I did. I got a sheet of plastic from home Depot and hot glued it to the bottom, that way so it doesn't leak and I can just wipe up the excess water that do sent make it into my Tupperware container I have of the bottom. Sorry if no help..

You could find some sort of drainage system or do what I did. I got a sheet of plastic from home Depot and hot glued it to the bottom, that way so it doesn't leak and I can just wipe up the excess water that do sent make it into my Tupperware container I have of the bottom. Sorry if no help..
I have a glass bottom cage an was thinking of puttin in a container to catch water but then i guess u have to remove all plants to get the container out to dump the water. May as well just wipe it up. What do people do for glass bottoms?

I have a glass bottom cage an was thinking of puttin in a container to catch water but then i guess u have to remove all plants to get the container out to dump the water. May as well just wipe it up. What do people do for glass bottoms?
If you are adding plants that do not need a large pot, you could try hanging them so that that nothing rests on the bottom (or at least nothing big). Then it will be a lot easier to clean the bottom. Some members on here have creatively hung their plant pots in this way.

Make sure you have space for a laying bin, since she's a lady. I don't know how old she is, but it's definately something to plan for.

Make sure you have space for a laying bin, since she's a lady. I don't know how old she is, but it's definately something to plan for.

She is almost 3 months (12 weeks). We are getting her bin soon. I have been looking at all of the posts concerning females, so hopefully when she gets to that point I can help her or make her feel secure anyway. It's sad that females have to lay eggs even when they don't have a mate. :(

Back
Top Bottom