advice needed

Tifanydalpont

hello i was wondering about a suppliment schedule for a 7 month old male veiled chameleon..... i posted a few posts recently and someone said i might be over doing it with suppliments.... when i got jackie he was 2 months old and had mbd.. now that his healthy what should his suppliment schedule be....

zoomeds-reptivit with D3
zoomeds-reptivit without D3
zilla-food spray vitamin suppliment with beta

most members seem to use calcium w/od3 at almost everyfeeding, a calcium w/d3 twice a month and a mutivitamin twice a month, i dont know about the multivit spray most seem to use Repcal Herptivite.
when you dust the crickets make sure not to over do it they shoulnt look like ghosts just a light coating,

so should I feed him 3 times a week without d3 does that sound ok?

if you have a propor uvb bulb you should only need to use calcium with d3 twice a month. once every 2 weeks. i am by no means a expert maybe there is a more experienced member who can chime in here.

ok so from now on i'll give him

zoomeds-reptivit with D3 (twice a month)
zoomeds-reptivit without D3 (3 times a week)
zilla-food spray vitamin suppliment with beta (twice a month)

in zoomeds reptivit without D3 is...
calcium min is 24.9%, the potassium is 1.7%

looks good and Kinyonga wont steer you wrong, trust what she suggests,
best of luck keep in touch

ok well the last month i was having problems with him eatting nothing at all so now that his eatting again... i'll do it thanks!!!

Hmmm...Reptivite has calcium and other minerals, vitamins and amino acids in it as well as phosphorus and the Reptivite/D3 also has D3 in it. It also has prEformed vitamin A. Since it has vitamins in it I don't think it would be necessary to also use the vitamin spray. D3 and vitamin A are fat soluble and you need to be careful not to overdo them. IMHO it would be better to have a phos.-free calcium powder to dust with at most feedings and use the Reptivite products less frequently. I have never used Reptivite so its hard for me to determine what amount of it is right. (Just because I haven't used it doesn't mean its bad BTW...just that I have never had to balance the phos., calcium, D3 and vitamin A when using it so I can't be sure about its use.)
http://zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?SearchID=5&DatabaseID=2&EntryID=3

until i get the suppliment u recommend should i just give hime the repitiv with out D3.. because i do put him outside and the use of uvb which mines he'll get his D3. then he really wont need the suppliment with d3..right????

I think that would be a step in the right direction since you take him outside.
Is there any vitamin A (retinol, acetate, palmitate, etc.) in the Reptivite without the D3??

Ingredients Guaranteed Analysis
Item Number: A35-2
Size: 2 OZ
Item Number: A35-8
Size: 8 OZ
Item Number: A35-16
Size: 16 OZ
Item Number: A35-40
Size: 2 1/2 LBS
Item Number: A35-80
Size: 5 LBS
Dicalcium phosphate, Precipitated Calcium carbonate,Maltodextrins, Salt, Potassium chloride, Choline Bitartrate, Manganese Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, a-Tocopherol Acetate, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Threonine, L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, L-Glutamic acid, Calcium pantothenate, L-Phenylalanine, Dried Kelp, L-Tyrosine, Lecithin, Ferrous fumerate, L-Cystine, L-Histidine, Glycine, DL-Methionin, L-serine, L-Aspartic Acid, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement. Guaranteed Analysis (minimum amounts)Vitamins: Per Lb. (454 gm)Vitamin A 99,910 I.U.Vitamin D3 0.0 I.U.Vitamin E 1000 I.U.Vitamin K (Metadione) 20.43 mgVitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 1406.20 mg.Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCl) 83.92 mg.Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 124.70 mg.Vitamin B5 (Patothenic Acid) 861.8mgNiacin 303.90 mg.Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl) 30.40 mg.Vitamin B12 3.40 mg.Folic Acid 48.5mgBiotin 12.20 mg.Minerals and Electrolytes:Calcium (min)(24.9%) 249,000 mgCalcium (max)(28.0%) 280,000 mgPhosphorus (min) (10.6%) 105,730 mgSalt (min) (4.2%) 42,000 mg.Salt (max) (4.9%) 49,000 mg.Potassium (min) (1.7% )17,621 mg.Magnesium (min) (.26%) 2670 mg.Fluorine (max) (0.01%) 100 mgIron (min) (450ppm) 450 mg.Copper (min ) (225ppm) 225 mg.Manganese (min) (1000 ppm) 1000 mg.Zinc (Oxide) (450 ppm) 450 mg.Iodine (min) (2.15 ppm) 2.15 mg.Amino Acids: L-Glutamine 2400 mg., L-Arginine 3550 mg., Isoleucine 2550 mg., L-Threonine 2390 mg., L-Tyrosine 1760 mg., L-Valine 2670 mg., Glycine 1160 mg., L-Methionine 1160 mg., L-Aspartic Acid 1000 mg., L-Glutamic Acid 2400 mg., L-Histidine 1260 mg., L-Lysine 3550 mg., L-Leucine 4440 mg., L-Alanine 2400 mg., L-Cystine 1280 mg., L-Phenylalanine 2290 mg., L-Serine 1160 mg.

No produce...greens and veggies have beta carotene (prOformed) vitamin A which won't build up in the chameleon's system...but its not known if all/any chameleons can convert it.

I use Rep-cal phos.-free calcium powder to dust with at most feedings and the Rep-cal pho.-free calcium/D3 twice a month lightly and Herptivite twice a month lightly. I have never had a veiled that showed any signs of being vitamin A deficient so I have never dusted with a vitamin powder that has prEformed vitamin A in it. Since my veiled females usually live to be over 6 years of age and the males even older, I have not changed it.
The gutloading, etc. that I do was described in one of my posts in one of your threads already.

Back
Top Bottom