Advice needed please!!!

Dyamedic

I have 2 baby panther chams,as of now they are in a small critter keeper.I was advised to keep them in this buy a local breeder,until they move up from pin head crickets.Problem is that a light melted the top a little bit and they could escape(covered with a book for now).I have a screen enclosure that I think is 24x12x12.it is set up and ready to go for the most part.i have enclosed a picture for further reference to its size.Is this to big to put them in?will they be able to find their crickets,or should I just go buy another critter cage until they grow some.Both are doing great and eating well. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368788829.624372.jpg

I have my baby panthers in a 16x16x30 cage. They are just a couple weeks old and they find food with no problem. I think the cage you pictured is fine.

I think a critter keeper would be too hot - especially if the light is strong enough to melt it.

Yeah, anything is better than a critter keeper. I put all my little ones in a 2x2x4 right away. That way no switching over later. Never had a problem with not finding food.

wow the breeder said a critter keeper?? must have needed a sale real bad. go get a small reptibreeze if you want to keep cost down while you can. start saving for what you will need for two separate habitats you will need them in about 9 months good luck

Will it be hard for the babies to see the crickets in the bottom after they have been dusted,since the bottom is white and the crickets are well....white?

Don't over think it. They will find the crickets, believe me. In screen enclosures the crickets usually climb up the sides to the top where they are devoured by the chams.

Will pin head crickets climb the screen?sorry for all the questions.I really want to believe they will be better off in the larger enclosure,rather then the critter keeper.They were eating well and of course I want that to continue.
They are in their new for now home.One is just hanging upside down under the UVB light.He did drink some water though,the other is just sitting on a branch,chillen.They did look at each other and opened their little mouths.Is that indication that they will soon need to be separated?

If your crickets are turning white you are dusting wayyyyy too much. They should just look slightly washed out.

one thing I found w/ my baby Jax, I had to teach them to cup feed right away- the pinhead will walk right threw that screen - but you can put a plastic shoe box in the bottom, and a vine that goes into, but does not touch the bottom- the can do "drive by" shootings - lol and the crix stay in the box, but also turn some lose in the cage too - w/ alot of plants, the babies will hunt down the lose crix too - my babies are about 3" long now, and they are in a 18X18X36 and find the food just fine :) ( but I always have the cup feeder full at all times )

Back
Top Bottom