advice for buying online

gholmes

I have never bought online so I need as much info as I can get.

Do I buy grown worms or eggs? I do not want eggs I would like to just get some in a container so I can feed them.

Also which ones should I get? I need something besides crickets that I could feed my jackson everyday.

I do not want roaches because I am scared of them.

Ok lets start with silkworms, if you get eggs its going to take about 2 months to get them big enough for your chameleon to enjoy them, plus you will need to feed the baby silk worms almost daily to keep them growing quickly. So eggs are much much cheaper but much more work than buying full grown ones. Phoenix worms are great and require almost no work what so ever, you don't even have to feed them if you don't want to they can last 2-3 weeks in the container they come in before they turn into black soldier flys which he can also eat. Superworms and Horn worms are also really easy to take care of but these are really treats not to be regularly. Blue bottle flys are also really good, they come to you in maggot form and you can keep them refrigerate to slow down the rate they transform into flys. You can put 10-15 in his cage and within a day or two they will hatch into flys which mine thoroughly enjoy hunting down. Hope this helps.

I have an open cage and she likes to venture out to her tree I have set up outside. So I would really need worms. So I can buy all these worms in their grown state? I am not looking into raising them from eggs.

try mulberry farms, they are great! Check the "postage included" section down and on the left of the web site. You can even ask for a particular size. Great deals, healthy feeders, and quick delivery! I just got a cup of 1-1/2 inch silkies today and have green and yellow horn worms on the way.

I have never bought online so I need as much info as I can get.

Do I buy grown worms or eggs? I do not want eggs I would like to just get some in a container so I can feed them.

Also which ones should I get? I need something besides crickets that I could feed my jackson everyday.

I do not want roaches because I am scared of them.

i just got really small roaches for the first time too..i was horrified,but when their small they dont really look like a roach,and i call them "bugs"..i guess its just a mental thing. but i have picked them up and they crawl on my hands to feed my chameleon. he crawls on my hand to chase them down so its not so bad cuz he is now getting used to me and i have had him for less than a week..:D

i just got really small roaches for the first time too..i was horrified,but when their small they dont really look like a roach,and i call them "bugs"..i guess its just a mental thing. but i have picked them up and they crawl on my hands to feed my chameleon. he crawls on my hand to chase them down so its not so bad cuz he is now getting used to me and i have had him for less than a week..:D

Stacy you make me laugh. My sister has kept several types of roaches for years and years. She call them bugs also. To this day her husband has no idea there is a roach in his home.:D He would have a melt down at the idea.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom