Adult female feeding

Pickles

I have read many posts about the feeding of adult females. I see where everyone says feed every 3 to 4 days 3 to 5 feeders give or take some. My question is can you give the same amount of feeder over a 7 day period that you would in the every 3 to 4th day feedings or does it have to do with the not eating for a few days that slows down egg production in combination with the temps?

It's the amount that they eat. The more you feed a female veiled or Panther chameleon (and some other species too) once they are sexually mature, the more follicles they produce and thus the more eggs they produce if the follicles ovulate.

If you control the amount that they eat and also control the basking temperatures, you can slow down or sometimes even stop reproduction so that your chameleon won't develop follicular stasis or eggbinding....and thus live longer.

Last edited:
It's the amount that they eat. The more you feed a female veiled or Panther chameleon (and some other species too) once they are sexually mature, the more follicles they produce and thus the more eggs they produce if the follicles ovulate.

If you control the amount that they eat and also control the bsking temperatures, you can slow down or sometimes even stop reproduction so that your chameleon won't develop follicular stasis or eggbinding....and thus live longer.
Thanks. I understand 👍

Back
Top Bottom