Adopted a leopard gecko

Carloscruz

Avid Member
I was at pet smart and they had a leopard gecko with three legs that was up for adoption They said that when they got there leopard geckos shed around its foot and it was turning different colors so they Took him to the vet and the vet said they needed to be amputated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 139
Good that you gave it a home in spite of the leg!
How does it walk? Is the missing leg bothering it much?

I am concern about his weight he only weighs 12 g and looks to be a month or two old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 101
Congrats and bless you for giving this sweetie a good home. I have no experience with anything other than adult leos, but the tail is nice and chubby and the body is well formed. I’ve noticed crazy variation in the weight of my leos. One of my boys is 54 Gm and the other is 81 Gm and my girl falls in between.

Ahh…you determined gender. Yay! Where are the pics? We need pics! Leopard geckos are incredible little animals and if I had the time, I’d have a houseful of them.

I was wondering if you knew how to do background right now I just have those pictures that you would use for Aquariums but I What something more naturalist.

I did a faux background with expanding foam on the glass of one of my Leo tanks. On the other two I just bought some backgrounds. There are a lot of great videos on YouTube that you may find inspiring.
Of course it doesn’t look as good anymore…many plants died, some grew too big and I had to remove. If I were to do another, I’d make sure to include more ledges for climbing.
55EF4696-3475-49B0-A7A9-3C301B1EC3F1.jpeg
To try and have a somewhat more natural looking hide, I made the rock thing on the left from expanding foam.
C4864E6C-1270-4823-B330-C34A808289C0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom