Acting weird... Maybe about to shed?

drostejuli

I have a male panther who is somewhere between one and one and a half years old. He has been with me for the past 4 months but I have known him since he was about six months old. He is usually very lively and loves to some out and climb on our hands and houseplants. He has been handled all his life and is not stressed by it indeed he demands it when we don't do it for a day. He eats mainly locusts, silk worms and some superworms and wax worms as a snack every now and then. He has been perfectly fine yesterday eating, drinking coming out but this morning he has been under the weather. His tail is coiled up (he only does this when he sleeps) and he is just laying on his basking branch. He is also lighter in color (also a thing he does when he is sleeping) and stretched out skinny with wrinkly skin. His eyes don't look dehydrated and his last poop was fine too. He has done the same exact thing a couple days ago and he was like this the whole day but then suddenly started acting normal again in the afternoon. Could it be that he is just uncomfortable and preparing to shed (he was shedding when he came to me but has not shed since) or is there something wrong with him? His cage setup has not changed and he has been perfectly fine in it, but it is a mesh and glass combo (this is the recommended cage here in Hungary because of low humidity) with a heat and UVB lamp. He has plenty of live plants and heat and humidity has been normal. Thank you for your help! I realize that he does not look too dramatic in this picture but he has just perked up a little. He was way lighter and had his head on the branch. Hopefully, it's a sign that he is getting better again but it still worries me...

Last edited:
This is the pic
IMG_6365.JPG

Back
Top Bottom