Accuracy of the "Kent vent" method of sexing baby Panthers

TroubleSome976

So i hear that the Kent vent method of sexing a chameleon is quite accurate... but has anyone had any instances where it was inaccurate? Or does anyone have any discrepancies with the Kent vent method?

So for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term Kent vent it is the method that one of the senior members of this forum referred to using how the genital area of a young chameleon looks in order to determine the sex of that particular chameleon.... thank any one who has any feedback in advance...

It is accurate. The problem is usually not the animal itself, but the angle of the photo. In person, it is easy to sex them with this method.

I concur with Shauna, in person it's very reliable straight out of the egg. I can spot the little males right after hatching, the difference was pretty obvious in person.

But photos give me such a hard time, especially when they're fuzzy, the angle is off, the photo is tiny, or the background is super busy. I'd help more people sex their panthers but sometimes their photos don't help at all, even after you've explained what type of photo would be better.

Better than the 'Rick ____ ' method.

LOL

I have had 100% accuracy checking for the little 'ball sack' as I call it & explain to my customers. Never been wrong. It's basically a little flap of skin waiting for some hemipenes to bulge out in (or lack thereof) and is quite obvious with some practice.

lol... now that's the vulgar method....Hey Kent you're the one who posted the kent vent method of sexing..... I'm just saying though... i guess you brought that on yourself

Is there a description or video on this? I have baby panthers and would like to be able to sex them more accurately ... or at all. I did a search but I didn't find it.

Also, if I were Kent I would be trademarking "the Kent vent method." It is kind of awesome.

Ha! In all fairness, I was shown this method by someone else years ago. Not even sure who it was now. I think I always referred to what I was looking at as the tail taper but then Julirs started calling it the Kent vent method. FYI, it works with a lot of species, just much more obvious in Furcifer sp.

Always thought you should have some claim to fame Kent....Hmmm....Kent vent method. :)
Almost had the fungus nannizziopsis vriesii named after me!! They had to follow protocol though.

can you use the Kent vent method and sex my baby panther He or She is 6 weeks

Attachments

• 6weeks.jpg
    6weeks.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 198
Ha! In all fairness, I was shown this method by someone else years ago. Not even sure who it was now. I think I always referred to what I was looking at as the tail taper but then Julirs started calling it the Kent vent method. FYI, it works with a lot of species, just much more obvious in Furcifer sp.
:D But you seem to be stuck with it now!!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.:p

Do you remember the "Johnson Fogger"?

any ideas on the sex here? was told male but i guess i dont have the "eye" for it. he is 3-4 months old.
cb160ade-5300-4c03-a5cb-7f7406c87f1c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom