Academic Articles

Honestly, if you just want to learn about veileds and their husbandry, peer-reviewed academic journal articles are not going to be your best bet. They tend to be behind a paywall and are more often than not tremendously technical and difficult to understand without an advanced degree in molecular biology, genetics, etc. There is not a lot of money in the scientific study of chameleons, so there aren't really that many articles out there. They don't make a good model organism, so there is little motivation for non-enthusiasts to study them (let alone get a grant for funding).

If your specific interests are not super niche, then I would recommend just reading up on care sheets and husbandry notes from trustworthy sources. If you're really interested in the molecular underpinnings of chameleon color change, their developmental biology, their evolution/phylogeny, etc. then just use Google Scholar or go to PubMed. There are articles to be found, but they are much drier than most people would really enjoy reading

Honestly, if you just want to learn about veileds and their husbandry, peer-reviewed academic journal articles are not going to be your best bet. They tend to be behind a paywall and are more often than not tremendously technical and difficult to understand without an advanced degree in molecular biology, genetics, etc. There is not a lot of money in the scientific study of chameleons, so there aren't really that many articles out there. They don't make a good model organism, so there is little motivation for non-enthusiasts to study them (let alone get a grant for funding).

If your specific interests are not super niche, then I would recommend just reading up on care sheets and husbandry notes from trustworthy sources. If you're really interested in the molecular underpinnings of chameleon color change, their developmental biology, their evolution/phylogeny, etc. then just use Google Scholar or go to PubMed. There are articles to be found, but they are much drier than most people would really enjoy reading
Thank you. I’ll try accessing the databases of my local university as well as sing EBSCO and google scholar.

Back
Top Bottom