Abscess

John21

My chameleons eye has a small abscess on the corner of the eye. Should i start feeding it cal with d3 ?

So i use cal without d3 for everyday, and with d3 twice a month.
IMG_8708.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8707.jpeg
    IMG_8707.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8706.jpeg
    IMG_8706.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8705.jpeg
    IMG_8705.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 25
Your supplements are perfect and should have nothing to do with your chameleon’s eye problem. ReptiVite has preformed vitamin A, which is an excellent source to keep eyes healthy. It is fat soluble, same as vitamin D3, so we need to be very careful not to give too much or it can build up in the cham’s body and cause problems and even toxicity.
There could be any number of problems causing your cham’s eye problem. One that I may suspect would be tiny particles of that black Exo Terra vine could have made their way into her eye and become trapped. Those vines are well known to shed tiny particles which do this as a shedding and itchy cham rubs its face against it. There could be a keratin plug that needs to be removed by the vet. It could even be something like a sinus infection. The best action would be to make a vet appointment. In the meantime you could try giving her an extra long misting and if it’s a particle, she may be able to get it out on her own.

If you don’t already have a knowledgeable chameleon vet, if you share your location, I might be able to recommend one.
So i work for petco, and so i get free check ups from amazon hospital, They told me wait until he sheds and if it gets worst bring him back again

So i work for petco, and so i get free check ups from amazon hospital, They told me wait until he sheds and if it gets worst bring him back again
I also have a panther chameleon and he also has the same vines, maybe its just not for every chameleon, but i will for surely rinse the vines just to take most of the particles out

I also have a panther chameleon and he also has the same vines, maybe its just not for every chameleon, but i will for surely rinse the vines just to take most of the particles out
I'd honestly remove them. My cage mostly has sticks that I got from outside, for free, and a bunch of pothos vines twisted around them. It's more naturalistic, it works just as well as the vines, and there's no risk of debris getting in their eyes from it. :)

Back
Top Bottom