Above eye level

curly

What are the advantages to putting a terrarium above eye level...I just put mine like this but im to short to get to the top and turn the light off..:mad: I need to grow a foot or two.

Use a stool. :)

There are several reasons, but the one that is most benifical to me is that your chameleon will feel much more secure when it is looking "down" to you.

...but im to short to get to the top and turn the light off..:mad: I need to grow a foot or two.
Howdy,

How about using a power strip that has its own power switch? Or better yet, a power strip with a built-in timer. I bought power strips with built-in solid-state digital timers. I got them at Lowe's. They were about $10 each. Intermatic DT-8003. Even though I checked the box and part number, I don't seem to be able to find them online. They might still sell them in the store.

I think Will is correct on the feelings of security. My free-range chameleons always wanted to be above eye level.

I also agree with Dave that you should get a timer. It's not only easier, I think it's better for the Chams. Mine would use the timer to regulate their day. They would climb up to their sleeping spot and arrive just before the light clicked off. And in the morning, the light going on would call them down to bask.

[In the winter, I would adjust the timer to shorter days. This was in response to the Cham going to sleeep earlier and staying asleep longer.]

--Michael

Back
Top Bottom