Abnormal bumps?

agdrac8

So my 1 yr old male panther has been having several bumps on him. We noticed them a few months ago as little white bumps, one then 2-3 of them. Very small. But we took him to the vet just to be sure. The vet didnt really seem to know much about reptiles/chameleons though (His first comment was that our cham was changing color to match my husband's tie die ). So his guess was that it was a viral infection and to keep an eye on him and see if he can fight it off on his own and to bring him back in a bit and remeasure the growths to make sure they aren't growing. I'm going to schedule a vet appt again because I feel like they are growing. And I also noticed a newer bump under the main whitish one that doesn't quite look the same. I've attached photos as well. We are going to see a different vet who hopefully has more experience with reptiles but does anyone have any input? He's a bit ashy right now because he's about to shed. So he hasn't been eating as regularly since he's about to shed but other than that, everything else is normal.

We dust regularly, keep a varied gutloaded diet, and his temps and humidity are great. The only thing we have to get is a bigger enclosure but he spends most his time on his rope anyway because it's warm enough in our home.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you kind people :)

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - 1 yr, male panther, had him for about 6 months
  • Handling - He wants to come out everyday and be on his rope, so we handle him whenever we take him in/out but he's very good with handling, more so than any cham I've ever seen
  • Feeding - Feed him superworms, crickets and horn worms. We gut load the food with bee pollen, and organic fruit and veggie remains (chard, apples, carrots, etc). We put food in his bowl everyday if he wants it buy he usually eats every other day
  • Supplements - dust his food everyday with zoo med calcium with d3, until it warms up and he gets natural sun, about evrry 2 weeks we dust with sticky tongues multi
  • Watering - This guys not huge on misting for some reason so we mist everynow and then for him, but we have a fogger for humidity levels and the chameleon cantina which he drinks from regularly
  • Fecal Description - As far as I know he hasn't been tested for parasites but his poop are totally normal, white urate, looks good and healthy
  • History - he's captive bred, got him from a private breeder and got a vet check up when we got him and he's totally healthy

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I believe its exoterra, or zoomed I forgot. But its all screen and its the 36x18x18 which is too small for him so we've been shopping for a new one.
  • Lighting - we use 60 watt daylight blue for heat and I forgot which one we use for uvb
  • Temperature - We have a temp laser gun. Basking is usually around 95, and then the cage ranges from 70-80, with plenty of opportunities to control temp.
  • Humidity - Around 50-70% depending on outside humidity. Usually it's steady around 60% with the use of a fogger and mister and we use humidifiers in the house and a hygrometer to check
  • Plants - pothos and schleferra
  • Placement - living room on a coffee table, lowish, not too high ttaffic or near any immediate fans but we keep great air flow so they don't get rot.
  • Location - San diego, ca, us

Last edited:
20180426_144114.jpg

Attachments

• 20180426_144054.jpg
    20180426_144054.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom