A Preview of the Jungle

lindseymeder16

So we started to build Rango's free range area today! We finished it for the most part. Going to add more sticks and stuff to connect it from shelf to shelf. It looks awesome, even better in person. Rango seems just as excited as my dad and I are, because he wants out of his cage so bad! He never does that. Anyways, the free range area is 1 1/2 walls. It has 4 shelves. Includes 2 pothos plants (1 lrg and 1 medium), a dwarf sheflerra plant, and a fake ficus tree.

The walls-to give you an idea of how big it is. And my dad, who built the whole thing :)
freerangearea001.jpg

Added the caddy-corner shelf and ficus tree
freerangearea002.jpg

All shelves built and added Sheflerra plant
freerangearea022.jpg

Everything as of today-
freerangearea024.jpg

freerangearea025.jpg

freerangearea026.jpg

freerangearea029.jpg

freerangearea030.jpg

freerangearea031.jpg

freerangearea032.jpg

It's not all the way done yet. But ill post pics when i finish it tomorrow!

Wow that is amazing! that is the best free range I have every seen!!! That is for sure One lucky cham!

One thing I've always wondered about with free range cages is what about the chams poop? Do you just let it fall on the ground? lol

Awesome free range! I know your guy's loving it. :) I'd just like to point out a few things for your chams safety. I noticed an aquarium in a couple of the pictures. If it has water in it make sure there's no gap at the back where he could get in and drown. Free ranged cham will go EVERYWHERE and check EVERYTHING out so make sure that anywhere he might could get is cham proof. My male veiled does not like the color red and I've seen other people here post that their chams don't like red or other bright colors so keep an eye on him for that, too.

tadeusz, my guys poop in the same spots all the time so I keep a newspaper down and change it after each poop.

make sure he cant climb up the wires to the lights and burn himself.

Thats what i'm worried about. But i just talked to my dad and he said he would fix the wires so that they are along the walls and not just chillin with all the plants and also try to see if he can put a quard up around the lights so he doesn't climb on them.

Awesome free range! I know your guy's loving it. :) I'd just like to point out a few things for your chams safety. I noticed an aquarium in a couple of the pictures. If it has water in it make sure there's no gap at the back where he could get in and drown. Free ranged cham will go EVERYWHERE and check EVERYTHING out so make sure that anywhere he might could get is cham proof. My male veiled does not like the color red and I've seen other people here post that their chams don't like red or other bright colors so keep an eye on him for that, too.

tadeusz, my guys poop in the same spots all the time so I keep a newspaper down and change it after each poop.

The aquarium is completely secure. The only time he will be free ranged is when I get home from school and on the weekends. Ill be in the room with him to make sure he doesn't wonder around that much or get hurt. We have too many other little babies that run around the house to leave him by himself. The red walls i thought would be a problem too, but they haven't bothered him at all so far. And he's been around the red walls since we got him back in January. I will forsure keep and eye on him tho to see if he acts different. Thanks for the advice :)

It's finished!! Minus one stick thats glueing together. Its freakin awesome. Rango is just havein a ball. He wanted out of his cage right away this morning to go on it! And he even let me hold him, no hissing or anything!! So cool!!

Side view
freerange2017.jpg

Finished!! Rango is on the top right somewhere.
freerange2039.jpg

freerange2040.jpg

freerange2042.jpg

freerange2044.jpg

freerange2045.jpg

freerange2046.jpg

It's finished!! Minus one stick thats glueing together. Its freakin awesome. Rango is just havein a ball. He wanted out of his cage right away this morning to go on it! And he even let me hold him, no hissing or anything!! So cool!!

Side view
freerange2017.jpg

Finished!! Rango is on the top right somewhere.
freerange2039.jpg

freerange2040.jpg

freerange2042.jpg

freerange2044.jpg

freerange2045.jpg

freerange2046.jpg

very nicee!!!! btw rangos in the top left :p

Back
Top Bottom