A New Furcifer Antimena Acquisition

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just recently acquired a new male Furcifer antimena from the Sacramento Reptile Show this September. He is living in my aquarium room and has proven to become a great new addition. Compared to Kinyongia xenorhina (I know they are not related they are just a similar example of a convergent evolved paddle nosed chameleon), Furcifer antimena has proven to be a similar looking paddle nose chameleon that is much less skittish and acclimates to captivity with much less difficulty. Here are some photo's.

ZSCm8k.jpg

RUznFO.jpg

OnYAjp.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

awesome! sort of looks like my fischer cham.

Thanks! Furcifer antimena is actually a paddle nose chameleon. They don't have two rostral blades as is found in most of the Fisherii group in the genus Kinyongia. Most of the Paddle Nose Chameleons are in the genus Furcifer with one species being in the genus Kinyongia (Kinyongia xenorhina). This species of paddle nose chameleon Furcifer antimena has proven, from the time I have owned him, to adapt well to captivity.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

He is looking great! Such an interesting face.

He has got the one rostral blade or a paddle nose. That is neat anatomical feature, most chameleons I have the opportunity to look at have got two blades.

He has got his calm colors going in the photo's I posted. I am going to give a go at posting some photo's of him when he is fired up. When he is displaying he has got lime green, light green, or could even say chartreuse coloration.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom