A little late in the game but...Male or Female?

Ponyboy

Please see included pic. I see a "hump" (potentially not visible in this picture) and very small spurs at the back of the feet but, I feel at this size (roughly 11 inches snout to tail tip) the spurs should be obviously visible.

Make note, I've searched google a THOUSAND times.

Since I'm unsure, and my cham has somewhat acted out of sorts lately (wandering about the bottom of the Zoo Med (Dimension: 24" x 24" x 48") I went ahead and bought a VERY large 14 inch planting pot and filled it in with organic, natural potting soil, slightly damped...in case she needs to bury eggs as I've read that even juvenile veileds can begin laying eggs as soon as six months..

Thanks guys! And thanks for having this fantastic resource for chameleon owners!!

Steven

Attachments

• IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 254
Is this sufficient? If not I'm sorry, I don't handle my Cham often as the Cham isn't receptive to human handling and I would rather not serve as a stressor because as I've read, some chams just don't take too well to human interaction. I would just as soon provide a much safer, better life and nicer husbandry than Pet Smart where the Cham was rescued from!!

Sorry for the long story lol...I've wanted a Cham since I was little and after getting my Shar pei her Blue food from the Pet Smart by my house over and over again and seeing this baby Cham there for three months in a row looking sad I figured it was a sign!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 211
I've had a laying bin for a couple weeks with no success....I have tried a soil/sand mix, now I'm trying a sand option by itself. Moist, malleable for burrowing.

But look at these....

Also swelled up because she's aggravated in taking pictures XD

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 166
I agree with the other posters, such a beautiful and healthy girl you have there :)

I can see where you think there are spurs and it may just be the angle you are looking at the feet and are seeing the opposite side of the foot or the slight muscle roll from her forelimb. But based on the picture as a whole, no obvious barring (males tend to have different colored bars not just dark green), more speckled pattern, casque that is less up and more back in a girly fahsion.

I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom