A horrible day!

Psychodrake

This has had to be one of the worst days of my life!

Some of you may have read from previous posts/threads of mine that I'm arthritic. Last Wednesday, I went for cortisone injections in both my knees to relieve the pain and swelling I've had for a few weeks, and it worked a charm. However, on Saturday I noticed a bug bite on my knee. Some of you may know what comes next.

Over a few days the bite became infected. My knee was in absolute agony. The cortisone annihilates your immune response so it could have easily spread, and so I was started a course of antibiotics on Tuesday. Needless to say my other joints aren't happy now and I've absolutely not been able to move my arms all day - Likewise, I just could not care for my little Chameleon today and instructed my father to do the usual routine. I've started a small dose of prednisone today to hopefully rid of the inflammation in my arms so I can get back to it, it is already taking effect fortunately.

Seriously, you commit yourself to hobbies like this because of the limitations in your activities (I also paint miniatures and do some drawing) and then something like this happens. Drives me around the bend.

Had to vent this. It really makes you feel better when you can vent in some form. Flare ups are incredibly rare in my case but they come like a lightning storm.

I could make some use of this thread however. Let me know a bit about yourselves, do you suffer from any conditions that would get in the way of more physical hobbies like sports? Knowing there are others would help, especially knowing how you tackle hospital visits etc. with a Chameleon to care for. I'm also suffering from PSC and IBS which are in remission.

Sorry to hear about that. I unfortunately have(hopefully not anymore) a necrotic disease in my joints where all the cartilage dies and the bones grind against eachother and break little bits of. It was quite painful. I've had surgery on 4 joints and all seems to be going better. I also had a malformed aortic artery in my heart but it is also turning around well so I hopefully will not have to have open heart surgery for that. When I was 5 and 6 I had pancreatitis(spelling?)(also extremely rare except in alcoholics)Three times, again it was very very painful. I love sports and live on a farm so it is either stay inside and sit around or go do stuff and have big swollen painful joints within an hour. I usually pick doin stuff lol. But my restrictions were not why I got into chams, I have just loved them and wanted one since I was like 8

Funnily enough I've recently recovered from gallstone pancreatitis, so I can definitely relate. Horrible thing to go through, I never drink either. I'd love to do some sport but over time I accustomed to gaming and less movement based activities. Made me a bit lazy though I'm totally up for keeping lizards, I always have loved them.

I'm only 15 so it kinda sucks to have all that happen. I also had two seizures in 1st grade from add medicine I was on. Wierdly it just feels like falling asleep for a second then waking up on the floor. I like gaming but with the only internet access on my phone it isn't as good as it'd be if I could play online. And it drives me nuts not bein able to go outside and do stuff, right now I'm actually in the middle of building a wood cham cage and am gunna try out how pvc pipes as a frame would work too. Good to hear that you recovered from it and no ongoing problems with it

I can relate as well. BUT I can only assume that I have pancrea cancer or pancreatitis. My left side of my body near the left run area hurts! Constant pain and its been going on for about 8 months. I've check it out but doc said it's just probably inflammatory ribs. I talk to nurse and they doubt it's that as well and said I'm too young to have it! I know couple of ppl whom is younger then me has it. In some cases even younger like yourself rob g, you said at 5-6 yrs old. I just need to go back to the hospital and find out.

Perhaps it might be a hernia(spelling?) Up in your abdominal section. I remember when I had pancreatitis it was unbearable pain, I kept throwin up, yellow skin. Just not a good time at all

The pain is annoying when I'm trying to sleep. I'm used to physical pain because I sprain my wrist a few times. Dislocated elbows, shoulders. So yeah but this constant pain is akward. It gets a lil better at time but comes back. So I don't even know what is considered Real Painful. Pancreas pain is real painful as if you are unable to go to work?

Acute pancreatitis pain is pretty much enough to stop you from doing anything. Mine came incredibly suddenly over the course of about an hour from a dull abdominal ache to arching my back, vomiting and difficulty breathing. Chronic pancreatitis is less intense to my knowledge but can stop you from working and will always ache but should be relieved with painkillers... You could have IBS, I've got relatively mild IBS that sometimes causes my lower left side to ache.

Back
Top Bottom