A girl named 'facebook' ???

Maybe it sounds better in Arabic??? I guess thats the language they speak, Im not really up on Egypt.

Wow that is very, very sad.
So you're saying you wouldn't consider naming your child after someone (or in this case, something) that helped "liberate" your people from a terrible government? I bet people who named their child Abraham or similar would disagree. ;)

Maybe it sounds better in Arabic??? I guess thats the language they speak, Im not really up on Egypt.
I think it's a variation of Arabic but Arabic nonetheless. :D

Sounds fun! Not so sure she will like it too much when she gets older though... What means a lot to the parents does not always mean a lot to their children!

Well... I think it's great he was so inspired and maybe in a country that speaks Arabic, "Facebook" will be a bit like "Aphasia" does here: a word that sort of sounds like it could be a name but has a meaning for those who know it.... She'll probably be the only one in her class! That's something.

Do people actually name their children aphasia??? I'm not sure what to say about that...

How would you pronounce this child's name? "Le-a"

Leah?? NO

Lee - A?? NOPE

Lay - a?? NO

Lei?? Guess Again.

This child attends a school in Kansas City, Mo. and her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.

It's pronounced "Ledasha".

Will Facebook be like Myspace,and just fade away in 5 years? It could possibly turn into an Adult Friend Finder site in 10+ :eek::eek:

So you're saying you wouldn't consider naming your child after someone (or in this case, something) that helped "liberate" your people from a terrible government? I bet people who named their child Abraham or similar would disagree. ;)

Maybe someone, but not something. lol.

i think its a good start, but i wouldnt name her facebook per say...maybe a female version of the guy(s) who started facebook ?

facebook i see not going away for a LONG while...

myspace was out since 2002 i think and its now obsolete 7-8 years later ? and it was mostly due to spammers, whores, and shit like that...facebook (from personal observance) is a more clean interface AND has less of those...plus you can make total control of who can see your profile info etc.

but not to thread jack, yeah i find her name honorable and patriotic; but i think a renaming would be best..

Back
Top Bottom