A few questions...

ShortStack

So... lets go through the timeline of events of what happened...

If you dont mind i need some opinions...

So... I have a breeding pair of veiled chameleons... We would bring the female infront of the male and she would normally display dark colors.

Well one day, we brought them in view of each other and she got this really pretty, bright lime green color with orange spots. We opened the bottom of the cage and she crawled inside, and they proceeded to mate.

During this time, she looked like she may have had eggs. And just as planned, about 2 weeks later she had layed eggs. I had started incubating the eggs although i dont think that these are fertile...

Anyway, its been about 4 days now, and she has not started eating yet... although she is still drinking normally. Funny thing is... she still looks like she has eggs even though she just layed 32 the other day...

Is it possible that there are more eggs? If not, how long till the next fertile clutch gets laid?

Thanks guys. Ill post pictures later.

Have a good night.

yes it is possible. does she still have a laying bin in the cage?

Sure does.... She hasnt paid much attention to it...

She hasnt been eating which is one of her main tells that shes preggo. She ate 3 days after her first clutch but since she looks like she has eggs again, im not as worried...

Some chams can lay, then a few weeks later lay again. they can retain sperm so to speak, and lay eggs at differnt times, even if they only mated once.

You said..."its been about 4 days now, and she has not started eating yet"...4 days since she laid the clutch??

Often if you mate the female too late in her cycle she will produce a clutch of all or mostly infertile eggs followed a few weeks later with a fertile clutch.

Back
Top Bottom