a few questions

kmgcantswim

ive had my chameleon for about a month now and i was wondering if i needed to keep his lamps on a night?

and im having the hardest time trying to figure out how to get a drainage system going. i have a large retabreeze and its sitting on a table

Thanks

Unless your temps drop below 50 at night, you should not use extra heat. In any case you don't want to use light at night.

hello you want i compleatly dark for sleeping, no lights. as for drainage i would drill a hole in the bottom and put a tray or bucket underneath.

sweet that helps me out a bit too i have his cage in my room and the light keeps me up lol

and i guess im going to have to get a new table for him cuz i dont want to ruin this one.

thanks

sweet that helps me out a bit too i have his cage in my room and the light keeps me up lol

and i guess im going to have to get a new table for him cuz i dont want to ruin this one.

thanks

you could just take some wood and make a small frame just tall enough to put a small tray under and put the cage on it, you only need a tray about a inch or so deep and you can just empty it daliy, then you wont hurt the table.

thanks

There are several ideas for drainage...look for plastic concrete forms (for making stepping stones) and mixing trays, appliance drip trays, plastic storage boxes that you could set the cage on to protect the table underneath. I often roam around in home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes, etc. searching for plastic pans or trays that cages would fit inside. You can also check out hydroponics supply houses for what they call "flood tables". These are ABS plastic trays several inches deep that you can install drains in. They come in larger sizes. Apogee Reptarium makes a flexible plastic cover for the bottom of their screen cages that could work temporarily (called a "flextray"). LLL carries them in various sizes. Not sure how long they hold up.

In a pinch, get a waterproof piece of pond liner or tarp, cut it larger than your cage, fold the corners up around the cage sides, and basically make a bathtub around the cage bottom.

Back
Top Bottom