A few questions in need of serious answers

TommyTsunami88

I have a 5 month old male veiled. I have a reptibreeze 16X16X30 enclosure on top of a 4 foot dresser with two umbrella plants and numerous vines at varying heights inside. I mist regularly. The uvb tube bulb is laying on top of the cage diagonally and the basking lamp which is a 40 watt bulb is sitting on top of the cage against the screen in the corner in the corner. My chameleon is EXTREMELY skittish and will lean on branches if anyone gets near the cage. I have a hard time giving supplements because I rarely see him eat. I tried cup feeding and it doesnt seem to work. I also free ranged but I seem to find a lot of dead crickets at the bottom. When I put part of the cricket egg carton in with crickets on it he will eat a few of them. So needless to say supplementing is very hard. Maybe I should cup feed with a little bit of carton in the cup? What should I do? My second question is he is dark most of the time in his cage except when he is sleeping. When he is asleep he is a NEON green and gorgeous. Also when I do handle him out of his cage he turns a beautiful green even though he doesnt really care to be handled though so its not often. So any thoughts on that would be helpful. I thought maybe he would like the extra large reptibreeze that I have which is massive like 22X22X48. Please help and thanks in advance for reading this book, hah.

hmmm..i think its right to increase the size of his cage....and he is not eating much?...do you see poop and white urates everyday?...cuz maybe he is shy eating infront of you.....have u tried hand feeding a nice juicy worm to him to stimuate to eat.....

hmmm..i think its right to increase the size of his cage....and he is not eating much?...do you see poop and white urates everyday?...cuz maybe he is shy eating infront of you.....have u tried hand feeding a nice juicy worm to him to stimuate to eat.....

I mean he is obviously eating, hah. I mean he has HUGE poops, hah. Im just nervous if I increase the cage size feeding will be harder for me. Im not so worried about him not eating as I am him not eating the dusted crickets you know? And no I have only crickets at the time.

I mean he is obviously eating, hah. I mean he has HUGE poops, hah. Im just nervous if I increase the cage size feeding will be harder for me. Im not so worried about him not eating as I am him not eating the dusted crickets you know? And no I have only crickets at the time.

i think he should b fine in the new cage:cool:....cup feeding:cool: and free ranging..try both again...and try to get more feeder bugs so he wont potentially get bored with crix...switch it up and should help him eat alittle more.... and more importantly the dusted crix....

How many crickets do you give & do you release the near the sides of the cage? I do that & the crickets crawl right up & mine guy will go after them. Also when they are about shed they might not eat as much. If you are giving to many then maybe that's why he isn't finishing them all. Just some thoughts. You might wanna fill out the "how to get help" questions with you anwers and post it.

i think he should b fine in the new cage:cool:....cup feeding:cool: and free ranging..try both again...and try to get more feeder bugs so he wont potentially get bored with crix...switch it up and should help him eat alittle more.... and more importantly the dusted crix....

just ordered some horn worms, hah. and ill probably move him to a bigger cage sometime in the next few days.

How many crickets do you give & do you release the near the sides of the cage? I do that & the crickets crawl right up & mine guy will go after them. Also when they are about shed they might not eat as much. If you are giving to many then maybe that's why he isn't finishing them all. Just some thoughts. You might wanna fill out the "how to get help" questions with you anwers and post it.

i give him quite a few and they do run all the way up to the top. and he shed about two weeks ago.

you would be better off with silks. The horns grow super fast and at 5 months they will get way to big for him fast! you are going to have to feed them right away and they will like quadruple in size in about a week! They are the fastest growing worm I have ever seen. The silks grow way slower than the horns and do not get near the size.

you would be better off with silks. The horns grow super fast and at 5 months they will get way to big for him fast! you are going to have to feed them right away and they will like quadruple in size in about a week! They are the fastest growing worm I have ever seen. The silks grow way slower than the horns and do not get near the size.

i agree....but since he already got them..let him experience it...and what helps is occasionally refrigerate the worms , it slows down their eating rampage ...and i done this and had decent size hornworms for about 2 weeks before they gpt too big for my cham when he was 4-5 months old:)

Back
Top Bottom