A bit ago, I rearranged my Chameleon’s enclosure around. What do y’all think of it?

How would you rate it?

• It’s great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It’s good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It’s ok

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • It’s bad

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • It’s horrible

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

CometTheOdd

I haven’t been on here in a while with updates on Cosmic. He quite a while ago got a larger enclosure and I have been testing around with it. What is your opinion on it? Sorry if the picture is bad.

Attachments

• F9499CA5-D095-4722-9B23-D2A6E4BE4A64.jpeg
    F9499CA5-D095-4722-9B23-D2A6E4BE4A64.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 110
Respectfully, it could use some work. But it isn't a terrible start.

While live plants are great for chameleons, the particular plant you have is not a good choice for a chameleon's centerpiece. The leaves are not strong enough to support a chameleon. It would be better to use a branching plant instead like a ficus or a schefflera, on which your chameleon can really climb and dwell on comfortably.

In addition, the main thing your enclosure is missing is horizontal vines/branches/etc. for your cham to use as its walkways. As arboreal animals, it is very important to provide your animal with a wide variety of horizontal options to act as the "highway" system of the enclosure. More specifically, you should have some thicker-diameter perches in there to provide variety (this is good for a cham's feet health), while the few you do have all seem quite thin.

What are you using for UVB? May just be the angle of the pic, but I don't see a linear UVB bulb there. Just want to be sure that you know compact bulbs are not compatible with chameleons, just in case.

Respectfully, it could use some work. But it isn't a terrible start.

While live plants are great for chameleons, the particular plant you have is not a good choice for a chameleon's centerpiece. The leaves are not strong enough to support a chameleon. It would be better to use a branching plant instead like a ficus or a schefflera, on which your chameleon can really climb and dwell on comfortably.

In addition, the main thing your enclosure is missing is horizontal vines/branches/etc. for your cham to use as its walkways. As arboreal animals, it is very important to provide your animal with a wide variety of horizontal options to act as the "highway" system of the enclosure. More specifically, you should have some thicker-diameter perches in there to provide variety (this is good for a cham's feet health), while the few you do have all seem quite thin.

What are you using for UVB? May just be the angle of the pic, but I don't see a linear UVB bulb there. Just want to be sure that you know compact bulbs are not compatible with chameleons, just in case.
Thank you for the help. The light was Given with an enclosure meant for a chameleon. IT has since been changed. I will be sure to get thicker Branches and try to find a plant that is better suite. Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom